No display using R9 390 GPU

so reboot, boot into grub, and in advanced options select the 5.4 kernel, if it doesnt work, try with the 5.10 kernel

Same issue when running 5.10, with 5.4 a couple of white lines flash on my screen after which it again turns black.

so lets try installing the 518:
chroot and install:
mhwd-kernel -i linux518
exit
reboot and test with it

Still nothing, are you sure it’s a kernel issue?

no, probably not…
do you dual booting with windows?
how do you provide outputs here, do you just type them? if you type them, just take pictures with your phone and post them here…
chroot
inxi -G
journalctl -b-1 -p4 --no-pager
it looks like something bios related, or the gpu is faulty

Not dual booting.

There are some new logs this time, but I’m ‘not allowed to embed media items in a post’.

i see, you still limited because you are a new user… so try downloading for example linux mint iso, and try booting with it, and see if you can…
also check in bios for amd related options/settings…

I put mint on the usb, and when booting it gave the same ACPI errors that were in the log before. Now it’s stuck on the mint logo.

And the screen went black again. Most likely a faulty GPU then?

more likely something related to bios settings…
during booting the live usb press E and add this parameter into the command line:
loglevel=3
then try booting the live usb with it

Should this be on the mint or the manjaro usb?

that doesnt matter, you could also try it with the installation, in the grub menu press E and add the parameter

Alright, I what should I do now?

just boot with the parameter

It’s not doing anything that I can see. What should I do next?

can you post now pictures? we need those logs…
are you using uefi or bios/legacy?

Nope, still not allowed to embed media. Do you have discord or something?

no i dont… there is a manjaro telegram channel: Telegram: Contact @Manjaro … you can post the picture there

I’ve joined the group, but I’m not really familiar with telegram. Do I just send it in the main chat?

yes just post the picture of the logs there