No device notifier after update

I see the fix for this is in kde-plasma 5.23. When updated it will be fixed.

I see their was another post on this … I was perplexed why it was closed once we found out it was a bug upstream?
current work around is to plug in a usb drive … plug one in as a dummy, then when you plugin the needed one it will work.

The goal is we have the dummy usb plugged in but never mounted … then when I plug my camera in it does not work, remove replug the dummy usb & now they both show up.

I just wanted to say hello, my first post here. Really happy with manjaro.
My very first issue after several months, I really was perplexed why the original thread was closed as fixed … kde-plasma 5.23 fixes it.
We are still on 5.22, but we have options to work around it.

I don’t know what original thread you’re referring to but if upstream has fixed the bug in a release yet to come - I can understand why the thread might have been marked as “solved”.

Anyways - if you feel adventurous, you can try building a patched package yourself. As luck has it, there are pretty detailed instructions for arch (manjaro is close enough) just for this case to be found here.

if you feel adventurous, you can try building a patched package yourself. As luck has it, there are pretty detailed instructions for arch (manjaro is close enough) just for this case to be found [here
I appreciate the kind offer. I use to beta test a gentoo based distro, long time ago.
Then I switched to using gentoo about 15+ years ago. Still have it on my office pc, out here in the shop I installed the manjaro about 5 or 6 months ago. Really happy with it. This winter sometime will be installing it on 3 other computers and removing gentoo from them.

The thread I looked at the mod closed it after a bug had been reported upstream to kde about Sept 3rd? The mod had closed thread stating the upstream bug was best possible answer … I agree. But it is not a solution.
I just thought keeping the thread open and information could have been centralized there.
Instead I opened another thread to report a work around, for those that need it.
While they may have found the cure, will be released with 5.23. That is still in beta testing and not released yet. I have faith in kde.
But I help out on a forum repairing old automobiles from 1920’-50’s. We share photos a lot. So this work around really helps me, just wanted to share it hope it helps others until the fix is released.

1 Like