No desktop after pacman -Syyu

Hi there,

I just updated Manjaro and I have a problem to get a Desktop environment.
when I try

sudo mhwd -i pci video-nvida

I get

error target not found linux511-nvidia

mhwd -li

gives me

video-linux free(true) PCI

How do you force

sudo mhwd -i pci nonfree 0300

To look for linux512 instead of linux511 ?

Or at least how to boot to the desktop with the free drivers ?

Erm… I don’t see the link between the automatic GPU driver check by mhwd and Linux kernel.

Linux 5.11 is flagged out of date and maybe has been put out automatically of Manjaro repos.

If you wish to get 5.12, just make a sudo pacman -Syu Linux 512

Normally additional packages should be installed along, such as Linux 512 headers and linux 512 nvidia. If not, you can install them afterwards.

Thanks, I did change kernel to linux 512.

uname -r
5.12.16-1-MANJARO

Video drivers :

mhwd -li

Installed PCI configs:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                  NAME               VERSION          FREEDRIVER           TYPE
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
           video-linux            2018.05.04                true            PCI
         network-r8168            2016.04.20                true            PCI

Warning: No installed USB configs!

However when I try to install the nonfree (nvidia) driver, the system is still looking for 511 :
I get

error: target not found: linux511-nvidia 
sudo mhwd -a pci nonfree 0300
> Using config 'video-nvidia' for device: 0000:01:00.0 (0300:10de:1f11) Display controller nVidia Corporation TU106M [GeForce RTX 2060 Mobile]
> Installing video-nvidia...
Sourcing /etc/mhwd-x86_64.conf
Has lib32 support: true
Sourcing /var/lib/mhwd/db/pci/graphic_drivers/nvidia/MHWDCONFIG
Processing classid: 0300                                                                                                                              
Sourcing /var/lib/mhwd/scripts/include/0300                                                                                                           
Processing classid: 0302                                                                                                                              
:: Synchronising package databases...                                                                                                                 
core downloading...                                                                                                                                  
extra downloading...                                                                                                                                 
community downloading...                                                                                                                             
multilib downloading...                                                                                                                              
warning: nvidia-utils-470.42.01-2 is up to date -- skipping                                                                                           
error: target not found: linux511-nvidia                                                                                                              
warning: linux512-nvidia-470.42.01-5 is up to date -- skipping                                                                                        
Error: pacman failed!                                                                                                                                 
Error: script failed!

sudo ls /etc/mkinitcpio.d/*.preset
/etc/mkinitcpio.d/linux419.preset  /etc/mkinitcpio.d/linux511-rt.preset  /etc/mkinitcpio.d/linux54.preset
/etc/mkinitcpio.d/linux511.preset  /etc/mkinitcpio.d/linux512.preset

Remove linux511…

yeah now it seems kind of obvious thanks

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.