No bootable devices

I suspect you don't know about UEFI vs. MSDOS/Legacy booting types.

Check 1st in your BIOS.

• Is UEFI capable?
  • If yes, is it set to UEFI always, or what boot mode?
  • In your previous install attempts, have you selected USB UEFI, or just USB drive option.
  • Did you try auto install, or manual partitioning?
  • Was there an option about "Where to install bootloader"?
  • Was their a partition created which was mounted at /boot/efi?

To be continued... after your answers. :wink:

No worries. Thanks for taking a look. Cheers.

You're welcome. Good luck.

ps: I think it deserves a reply than just a 'like'.
Tell us how you solve it (if you solve it).

• Is UEFI capable? YES
  • If yes, is it set to UEFI always, or what boot mode? NO, I NEED TO RUN IN LEGACY. I HAVE RAN THIS WAY FOR YEARS AND HAVE HAD NO PROBLEMS. I HAVE ANOTHER DISC THAT I NEED WINDOWS ON UEFI FOR WORK. I JUST SWITCH TO LEGACY FOR LINUX.
  • In your previous install attempts, have you selected USB UEFI, or just USB drive option. NO I HAVE USED LEGACY
  • Did you try auto install, or manual partitioning? AUTO
  • Was there an option about "Where to install bootloader"? YES I'VE TRIED ALL THE OPTIONS.
  • Was their a partition created which was mounted at /boot/efi ? NO I'M RUNNING LEGACY BIOS.

I'm not yelling. Just annswering you.
Thanks for taking a look.

Will do. As soon as I iron it out I will circle back. Thanks.

Solved...kinda sorta. So I swapped the new SSD into the the main bay HDD0 instead of using the drive caddie with HDD1 and it booted fine. So then I swapped my other work OS (Win10) into the drive caddie bay (HDD1) and it also worked in there with no problems. So as it turns out it was no problem with the hardware. It is a bug or something with Manjaro not liking HDD1. I should say too that I also installed Arch on the drive caddie HDD1 and it also didn't work. So it is something with the way Arch handles HDD0 and HDD1. In fact it doesn't even show that the drive is in the BIOS at all when in HDD1--which is a surprise because I have been using Ubuntu and Manjaro on my other SSD in that caddie and drive bay HDD1 for years and it worked fine. Who knows. It works now this way so I'll keep it this way for now. Thanks for your help.

1 Like

Didn't I tell you this?

Twice?

You are not a good listener, are you? :joy:

It is a hardware problem. Are you listening? :rofl:

I repeated...

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Forum kindly sponsored by Bytemark