No audio coming from my 3.5 mm jack but it is coming from speakers

I have installed Manjaro yesterday as a dual-boot with Windows 10. New user to Linux. Yesterday audio would not come from the 3.5 jack even though headphones are detected. I fixed it by upgrading to kernel Linux 5.10.15-1 and that is what I am running now. I did some stuff on Windows and logged back into Manjaro and the audio is gone from the 3.5 jack again while the speakers work fine. What causes this issue and how can I fix it?

Welcome to Manjaro

If you have Fast Startup enabled in Windows the system does not power down completely when you select reboot. It uses a hybrid hibernation instead of powering down devices, and a Linux OS may not be able to initialise the audio device from hybrid hibernation

But if you reboot a Linux OS for a 2nd time the audio device usually works correctly

And if Windows is shut down rather than rebooted the device will usually work correctly too

See this for how to turn off fast startup in Windows
How to disable Windows 10 fast startup (and why you’d want to) | Windows Central

Thanks, I figured out that I have to shut down Manjaro, then start it up, that way the sound works.

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.