No audio and freezing during reboot

Hi,
So I've just finished installing the newest Manjaro and I have a few unusual problems.
The first one is an absolute lack of any sound from internal speakers of my laptop.
I was looking all over the internet for a solution but the only thing that seems to work for literally everyone, doesn't work for me. I have volume levels maxed out everywhere and "Analog Stereo Duplex" profile set (it already was set by default). It doesn't look like there's any software missing, everything is up-to-date and the speakers worked perfectly under Windows just one day earlier (no Windows now).

The system also seems to enjoy freezing from time to time.
Might be because of my second drive (HDD). The linux sits on a nvme ssd.
But still, Windows never froze during a reboot. There's not much to say here.
Reboot = total freeze.

I'm new to Arch, used to debian. I've no idea what to do.
With my internet connection... I don't want to go through another installation process of another OS.
I like kubuntu tho.

Without information on your hardware, there is no way to help you...

Please post the output of inxi, see Dump your inxi -Fxzc0 here and bookmark it

Which Desktop Environment are you using?
[edit] I see you are using KDE with NVidia. Did you install the NVidia drivers? Is your system hard freezing (i.e. needing reboot) or only some temporary freeze happen?

Which Linux Kernel do you use?

Have you tried to see if the main channel was not mute in alsamixer? What is the output device in pulseaudio?

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.