New to the forum, introduce yourself

DeMus Thanks for your help.

Once configured the whole installation and ready to install, I give next and the installer disappears … nothing else happens.

System: Host: manjaro-lxde Kernel: 4.9.24-1-MANJARO x86_64 (64 bit gcc: 6.3.1) Desktop: LXDE (Openbox 3.6.1)

Distro: Manjaro Linux

Machine: Device: desktop Mobo: ASRock model: 939N68PV-GLAN BIOS: American Megatrends v: P1.30 date: 11/19/2009

CPU: Dual core AMD Athlon 64 X2 4200+ (-MCP-) cache: 1024 KB flags: (lm nx sse sse2 sse3) bmips: 4000

clock speeds: max: 2200 MHz 1: 1000 MHz 2: 1000 MHz

Graphics: Card: NVIDIA C68 [GeForce 7050 PV / nForce 630a] bus-ID: 00:12.0
Display Server: X.Org 1.19.3 driver: nouveau Resolution: 1440x900@59.89hz
GLX Renderer: Gallium 0.4 on NV67 GLX Version: 2.1 Mesa 17.0.4 Direct Rendering: Yes

Audio: Card-1 NVIDIA MCP67 High Definition Audio driver: snd_hda_intel bus-ID: 00:07.0
Card-2 Microdia VideoCAM Look driver: USB Audio usb-ID: 004-003
Sound: Advanced Linux Sound Architecture v: k4.9.24-1-MANJARO

Network: Card: NVIDIA MCP67 Ethernet driver: forcedeth port: d880 bus-ID: 00:0a.0
IF: enp0s10 state: up speed: 100 Mbps duplex: full mac:

Drives: HDD Total Size: NA (-)
ID-1: /dev/sda model: Maxtor_6L200M0 size: 203.9GB
ID-2: /dev/sdb model: SAMSUNG_HD401LJ size: 400.1GB
ID-3: /dev/sdc model: ST3250310AS size: 250.1GB
ID-4: USB /dev/sdd model: UDisk size: 8.2GB

Partition: ID-1: / size: 2.3G used: 388M (18%) fs: overlay dev: N/A

Sensors: None detected - is lm-sensors installed and configured?

Info: Processes: 147 Uptime: 2:00 Memory: 778.7/3012.7MB Init: systemd Gcc sys: 6.3.1
Client: Shell (bash 4.4.121) inxi: 2.3.8

The installer disappears and does not continue in new LXDE 17.0.1

I’m not a techy person with a computing background, but moved to Linux in April 2014, following the end of support to WindowsXP. Since then I have tried quite a few Ubuntu-based operating systems.

Manjaro - I’m now going outside my comfort zone a bit, though the last three years with Ubuntu has given me the confidence to have a go! My first challenge was getting Manjaro 17 installed on my Asus G750 laptop… no mean feat and had to resort to ‘Uncle Google’ to find out how to do this. However, I’ve passed my first test, as I’m now writing this from my new Manjaro laptop. From what I can see, Manjaro appears to be a very worthwhile operating system, fast, always up-to-date with software & kernels (significantly ahead of Ubuntu-based distros) - I’m looking forward to the journey ahead …

Hi all!

I wanted to try using linux as my main OS a few months ago. I originally wanted to go for ubuntu (because it’s the first distro I’ve used a couple years ago, and because it’s said that those new to linux go for ubuntu), but after reading a bit, I installed linux mint on my laptop alongside windows 7 and used it for a little more than a month.

Then somehow I came across manjaro. And here I am :smiley:
One thing I’ve noticed is that my laptop doesn’t seem to heat up as much, which is definitely a plus. I am new to linux but I’ll stick with manjaro (and if I kept switching distros every month I won’t get anything done!)

Cheers!

Welcome katlow

Yea , that’s how we roll… kool
:sunglasses:

Hello everyone!

Nice to meet you all. The community is really nice and I am looking forward to be part of it :slight_smile:

Became a fun of Manjaro quite recently and I have to say you are doing an amazing job by offering stability and new app versions

Hello all,

I have been on here for a while now but I never posted a hello.

I live in the United States. I am a semi retired windows system admin. I say this only half joking… windows gives me PTSD. I switched to Linux to fall in love with computers again. I really dislike the directions windows took with 8… then they backpedaled with 8.1 and then the forced people who paid for their OS to switch to 10. In many cases my clients were bloody highjacked. It had already been upsetting supporting windows (mostly servers but you have to support the end users who pay the paychecks) for 15 years. With windows 10 I had enough. I left windows a little over a year ago and I never looked back… not even once. Linux has delivered. I love computers again. Best thing is when people ask me to fix their computers? … I say is it running linux? No? Sorry I can’t help. Happy to help here though with my limited knowledge. I have already written some hopefully helpful tutorials. I will continue to write as I learn. I started using manjaro probably 4 months or so after switching to linux. It took me time to test over a dozen distros in VMs. I mostly watched youtube how tos and some great channels with reviews on linux distros. Manjaro with KDE was the right fit for me personally. know have two manjaro machines. One is my main workstation, the other a laptop.

Nice to meet you all. :slight_smile:

I like the cut of yer jib. Welcome to Ye Olde Gnarly Linux Users Club! :smiley:

Regards

You are not alone. I remember reading an article about linux-uptake on the desktop years ago, in theregister. 47% of sysadmins that had Linux on the desktop had ticked “So I can send Wiin users with questions away” as one of their reasons.

Hi @ben2ben, thanks for sharing. I enjoyed your story.
I also agree with you on the whole Windows approach. I’m surprised they got away with it. How can people stay with them after such a move?!
Anyway, I wasn’t a big computer guy, but playing with linux made me really appreciate computers as an invention and how great they run with the correct software (Linux).

Hi everyone,
Just converted to use linux almost full-time around half a year ago. I’m using Linux Mint. Well that’s a solid distro but I can see where it falls short.
Then I came across manjaro and I think that would be my next distro.
As a rolling distro you have up-to-date packages for applications (not something more than year old in Mint as it’s based on Ubuntu LTS). And it comes with goodies preinstalled such as mhwd and TLP which is very nice and saves me time for additional configurations. What’s more is a nice community here.
Now I’m test driving Manjaro in both VMs and the live CDs. I think I’ll do an actual install soon and I’m really excited.
More about me: I’m from Hong Kong and I’m a pharmacy student.

You’re story sounds similar to mine. :wink:
Also came from Mint and did the change not too long ago. - And I learned really a lot in this short period of time already.
You won’t regret the switch! :slight_smile:

Ah, and welcome to the forum, of course. :wink:

Long time Mac user who cannot take it no more… so I’m diving in cold turkey from my tmux hipster setup to manjaro using i3. So yeah while I have been using in server environments I’ve never used it as a development machine or for personal use. I’m still struggling here and there but I’m liking it.

brothers and sisters of the distro -
greetings.
Many moons ago, got my start on Sun Solaris of all places, and really got empowered by the command line. I think it was a sparcstation 5 back then.
*nix History went like
Sun -> Sun -> redhat -> gentoo -> ubuntu ->
present day (running ubuntu, manjaro, slackware, puppy right now).
Soon to add debian and probably spin down most of the ubuntu installs in favor of other things.
The gentoo days were great but I had a very unusual administration pattern: do nothing for months, until: the next big effort at upgrading my “world”. E.g. I was not very compatible with the rolling nature of the release, in that I usually could not afford to have to drop everything to fix some potential upgrade error. So I just didn’t upgrade until the time was there.

Should be smoother with manjaro though since it’s a spare machine at home so nothing critical running.

Se y’all around in the forums :wink:

Hello.

Actually not a new user of Manjaro (have been using it since 2013) but I forgot to write a post here.

My name is Anan. Anime/manga fan (you can call me a weeb, I don’t mind), geeky nerds, video gamer, Linux fanatic, and Motorsports fans.

I’m from Indonesia.

Selamat datang, saya harap anda suka di sini.

Terima kasih mas.

Saya nyaman pakai Manjaro, sudah 4 tahun.

Kamu dari mana di Indonesia? Istri saya orang Bogor, tinggal di Belanda 28 tahun sekarang.

Ini gambar anak ka? Comel.

Saya orang Jakarta.

Keluarga besar di Jawa (Malang) dan Palembang.

Hi everyone,

I’m from Italy and studied a Ph.D. in electronics in Scotland. I’ve been a Manjaro user for three years now and enjoyed every minute. I installed it mainly because I was searching for a XFCE distro very light for my laptop and this was the best I found (and also the only one getting along with windows with UEFI on my DELL XPS12 laptop). Since then I use mainly Manjaro and I started suggesting it to all my friends :smiley:

Cheers!