New Manjaro32 installation not taking

manjaro32

Hi folks, having a bit of trouble updating the i686 version here. I followed this here

sudo sed -i '/# Branch = /c\Branch = x32-stable' /etc/pacman-mirrors.conf
sudo pacman-mirrors -c all
sudo pacman -Sy archlinux32-keyring-transition
sudo pacman -S archlinux32-keyring
sudo pacman -Syu

First time trying to update I get an error of ffmpeg requires a dependency, I remove it then tried again and another error

error: jfsytuksL signature from : Tyler Dence (Build Key) <tyzoid@archlinux32.org (invalid or corrupted package (PGP signature)).
Do you want to delete it? [Y/n} y
error: qt5-svg signature from "Tyler Dence (Build Key) <tyzoid@archlinux32.org>" is marginal trust
:: File /var/cache/pacman/pkg/qt5-svg-5.11.0-1.0-i686.pkg.tar.xz is corrupted (invalid or corrupted package (PGP signature)).
Do you want to delete it? [Y/n} y
error: failed to commit transaction (invalid or corrupted package) 
Errors occurred, no packages were upgraded.

Tried almost all suggestions I could find on the 32 end post discontinuation, which weren’t many.

Downloaded the iso from: https://osdn.net/projects/manjaro32/

try with;
sudo pacman -Syyu

sudo pacman-key --refresh-keys
sudo pacman -Syyu

sudo pacman-key --refresh-keys

==> ERROR: A specified local key could not be updated from the keyserver.

sudo pacman -Syyu

is marginal trust
:: File /var/cache/pacman/pkg/jfsutils-1.1.15-5.0-i686.pkg.tar.xz is corrupted (invalid or corrupted package (PGP signature)).
Do you want to delete it? [Y/n] y
error: qt5-svg: signature from "Tyler Dence (Build Key) <tyzoid@archlinux32.org>" is marginal trust
:: File /var/cache/pacman/pkg/qt5-svg-5.11.0-1.0-i686.pkg.tar.xz is corrupted (invalid or corrupted package (PGP signature)).
Do you want to delete it? [Y/n] y
error: failed to commit transaction (invalid or corrupted package)
Errors occurred, no packages were upgraded.

Probably should have noted I tried everything on this post to no avail. Even the nuclear option. I might have misinterpreted, but these were meant for 64bit.

PGP keys are PGP keys, keyrings are keyrings, pacman is pacman.

This means the key isn’t on the keyserver you’re querying. Try another keyserver, or try the x32-testing branch which has an update for archlinux32-keyring.

Add --keyserver keyserver.ubuntu.com or similar to all pacman-key commands you want to run.

Already am using the testing branch. From https://osdn.net/projects/manjaro32/storage/xfce/17.1.7-rc1/ only iso I could find.

@eugen-b

Output from that command: ==> ERROR: no operation specified (use -h for help)
Command used: sudo pacman-key --keyserver keyserver.ubuntu.com
Output from -h command: Command not found

Then install the new archlinux32-keyring package.

If you’re not familiar with how the command-line works (running commands and passing options) that’s worth mentioning up-front so people provide the full command instead of a pointer to fix the command that you’ve been running already. Note the word:

which means you need to add the option to the pacman-key command, not use it as the only option. Hence,

sudo pacman-key --refresh-keys --keyserver keyserver.ubuntu.com

Similarly, when a command output says

it means run the command and pass the -h option, i.e.

pacman-key -h

Most commands have a “help” option, normally -h or --help.

Try it with other commands like ls --help, free --help, top -h, man cd etc. etc.

so these commands didn’t help then?

I thought the operation was “–keyserver keyserver.ubuntu.com” with sudo pacman-key in front of course. Didn’t know the --refresh list part was needed as I thought the sequence above pulled a key from the server.

Ignore the -h response, my mind was somewhere else :slight_smile:

This worked for me: To those that can’t update, this is for you.

1. sudo pacman -S archlinux32-keyring taken from https://archlinux32.org/download/
  2. sudo pacman -Syyu

@micsim35 Nope :frowning:

closed #11

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.