New Manjaro install won't boot with multiple partitions on msdos partition scheme

Hello,

I recently reinstalled Manjaro on an msdos partition scheme. This time though, I wanted to split my data from Manjaro itself, so I made a separate partition for that. I installed Manjaro into another partition and selected the flag “boot”. I restarted the computer.

It acts like it is booting, but it never gets to the KDE Desktop. Just a black screen. I can’t Alt+F to any of the other ttys either. I can enter Grub by smashing Esc a bunch of times, but trying to boot Manjaro for there by selecting either Manjaro Linux or Manjaro Linux fallback initramfs leads to the same result. This is the only OS on my hard drive.

I’m not sure what’s going wrong. I’m using open source drivers, which did give some artifacts when using the live usb, but other than that, I’m not sure what else could be wrong. Please let me know what information you need to help me.

Thanks.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.