New Manjaro install not booting (only black screen and silence) from grub2

So, I have windows installed on a ssd and Manjaro (KDE Plasma) installed on a HDD. I now wanted to install Manjaro (KDE Plasma) on the SSD, as the HDD was very slow. So, the installation of the operating system to be installed alongside windows 10 succeeded - I think. But, it seems that I cannot find it’s grub2 on the SSD. It probably didn’t make one. Looking at the new operating system’s files, it doesn’t have a grub.cfg file in /boot/grub. Only thing there is grubenv. And when running sudo update-grub, it found the operating system I just installed. But when trying to boot into it, nothing happens, just a black screen. No text or anything. And the PC doesn’t become louder either, so I think it just fails to do anything.
Here’s a screenshot of GParted showing where it is (on the SSD) and some stuff.

Should there be other partitions too for it to work? And that fat32 filesystem partition is the boot partition for Linux, right? Also grub2 edit options for the new Manjaro install showed that it had only a few lines of boot code or something, while the Original Manjaro install (on HDD) has a lot more. Could it be that it is missing something important?

I have an Nvidia RTX 2060 graphics card and 16 gb of ram. I didn’t have any problems with the first manjaro install, which was also made with the same exact Manjaro iso file. Though, with the first time I chose the manual install options because that’s what the tutorial I was following did. I didn’t see any options for boot or swap stuff with the install alongside with another operating system option.

You need to define a /home partition and some GB of a swap is maybe helpfull too.
The home partition is, where it loads the whole system into for the user settings.
If you still use your hdd, you can bind your home folder into the system.
Second, you need to tell it, where grub should be installed at.
Linux never used fat32. This is only a microsoft specific filesystem. Linux always use ext/ext4 nowaday.
Fat32 is only needed for the EFI bootloader.
So you need to use your free space to make a root-, swap-, home-, and efi boot partition.

When you scroll down here to Manjaro installation, its shows you how to make it.
Even i would not shrink a partition, what contains datas, at least, not, before i did backup them.
https://forum.manjaro.org/t/root-tip-dual-boot-manjaro-and-windows/1164

Increase your chances of solving your issue:

Provide Information:

Thank you! I just assumed it would just completely do everything for me with the install alongside option, which it doesn’t do? Do you know if this is because I already had Manjaro installed on my computer? If this is the case, I think the installer should definetly be a bit more clear on what it will do.

Also, I think the most wise option for me would to just unallocate the new Manjaro partition and just choose the manual installation option when installing it again, right? I feel that otherwise it could be a bit of a headache if I don’t get it working…

Again, thank you very much for the help! : ) I think I’ll get it working when I have time to get to my computer…

If you want do it manually…, then you have to do anything manually.
If you do it with auto, it will ask you, how and where you want have the different partitions,
and tells you, that you need a home folder.
But basically, you only need the root partition and the home partition mainly.
Only efi bootloader is now a new topic, what needs additional configuration, since there are now more devices around.

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.