What would be the preferred virtual desktop software package to install?

I have a siutation where I MIGHT need to install a VMWare pack to run a specific app (windows) and I had a look in pacman and there seem to be several. Can someone recommend one that is relatively small and not to difficult to operate please? I’d be looking to run Windows 7 in it.

Thanks

Does Virtualbox not work for you? It is in the official repositories.

[quote="[root tip] Installing VMware on Manjaro, post:1, topic:57596"]
VMware Workstation and Player VMware is a commercially developed application with a limited list of supported operating systems. This guide is a courtesy to the forum don’t expect any support on VMware related issues. Supported operating systems Version 16 - Expand this to se the list and link to VMware KB
[/quote]

Sorry, I wwasn’t specifically referring to that “brand”, my bad…I sorta meant any virtual desktop software available in pacman I could use. I didn’t realise that was a commercial name.

haha, didn’t actually look for that name, refer to my above post. I’ll check it out now thanks

EDIT: ok so we have VirtualBox Oracle VMBox Virutal Machine Manager and several other virtualbox variations…is there one that would be deemed the best? Oh the top two are Official Repos, so ergo the best options to go for, rather than the “community AUR” ones?

Vmware from the aur works fine on manjaro, or for me and most people it does anyway

There’s no such thing. What works the best for others may not for you. Try out a few and see what you like.

See List of applications - ArchWiki

yeah whatever

If that’s your attitude, we’re done here. This is a support forum, not Reddit where you can ask for others to think for you and sit back and be spoon fed.

2 Likes