New Add/Remove Programs

how so, exact same parts just more organized.

1 Like

Strangely I find that UI much easier to use. Basically - drop down menus are now side bar menus. Don’t have to scroll back and forth from the drop down box anymore.

Probably depends on the screen size and resolution. Mine is 14’’ at 1080p.

The new version of pamac was pulled again. Open up a terminal and issue… :arrow_down:

sudo pacman -Syuu

… to downgrade pamac back to the previous version, which is now marked as the current one in the repo.

1 Like

so would it be bad to keep the new version & not downgrade?
will it still be updated?

I think it won’t matter much. Personally I’ve downgraded, but only so as to be on par with the official status of the Stable repos, because I never use pamac.

I reckon the new version will come along soon anyway, but truth be told, I don’t know why it was pulled again, and I don’t think it would have had anything to do with the user interface. So maybe it is best to downgrade. :thinking: :man_shrugging:

me to, barely use it, but i don’t even see pamac on the list.

Then maybe you are already back on the old version? :thinking:

Or he’s on unstable or testing branch.

1 Like

That was my second thought, but it slipped my mind because I’m also busy helping out on another thread. :wink:

this is a fresh install of sway, just this afternoon. pamac still looks like the new version to me. i’m on a rpi400

ARM has had the new version for a while now. If you want the old version, you have to build it yourself.

nope, no matter to me. i did go ahead & upgrade the rest.

1 Like

How do you force the downgrade? I got this…

:: Synchronising package databases...
 core                                        165.3 KiB  1836 KiB/s 00:00 [############################] 100%
 extra                                      1912.5 KiB  5.28 MiB/s 00:00 [############################] 100%
 community                                     6.5 MiB  5.62 MiB/s 00:01 [############################] 100%
 multilib                                    178.1 KiB  6.44 MiB/s 00:00 [############################] 100%
:: Starting full system upgrade...
warning: pamac-cli: local (10.1.2-0.1) is newer than extra (10.0.6-2)
warning: pamac-common: local (10.1.2-0.1) is newer than extra (10.0.6-2)
warning: pamac-flatpak-plugin: local (10.1.2-0.1) is newer than extra (10.0.6-2)
warning: pamac-gtk: local (10.1.2-0.1) is newer than extra (10.0.6-2)
warning: pamac-snap-plugin: local (10.1.2-0.1) is newer than extra (10.0.6-2)
 there is nothing to do

thanks! so much better :slight_smile:

way too many labels/menus, old one was sleek and easy to navigate

:arrow_down:

What was the reason for pulling the new pamac?

I’m not sure ─ I’m not a developer ─ but there was quite a bit of backlash to the change, as you can read in the thread below… :arrow_down:

There were also a few bug reports, such as this one… :arrow_down:

Not sure either, as the issues discussed in that thread were for the early version of the new Pamac about readability, where icon were of similar color (all white, now red/blue), or the blue color for label too aggressive (now lighter blue), or some little UI bugs in Preferences menu (now fixed for the most part). I don’t recall anything in that thread that is an issue now in the new Pamac. Maybe they mistakenly pushed the new version to Stable when not intended as I think it was very little time on Stable.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.