Questions about recent update / Pamac issues

Hello,

I’ve been having some issues with my Manjaro system after the most recent update.

After the most recent update, I usually update my system through the Pamac GUI software, this includes my main system files, AUR packages (only one package), Flatpak, and Snap packages. With the most recent update I used the ‘sudo pacman -Syu’ command to update my system. I noticed that Pamac’s GUI had been updated, and now whenever open the app it asks for my password. However when I went through my packages I noticed that the ‘repository’ tab in the ‘installed’ section of Pamac was gone and that many of the Manjaro system packages were from the AUR.

Furthermore, when I go to the ‘updates’ tab on Pamac, it says that I have three packages that need to be updated: ckbcomp, timeshift, and v86d. All three of these say they are AUR packages. However, when I run the ‘sudo pacman -Syu’ command in the console, it says that there are no updates available. I’m very confused as to why this is and I’m a bit scared that something may be wrong with my system. Why are so many of the recent Manjaro packages saying they are maintained by Arch developers or from the AUR?

I was taught to use the ‘sudo pacman -Syu’ command when updating my system, however sometimes I use the Pamac GUI software. Am I causing issues to my system by updating my software this way? If so, how am I supposed to properly update my system whenever there are updates, just through Pamac?

I’m not a very tech savvy person, so I apologize in advance if these are stupid question. Thank you.

Hello,

For AUR you can use another helper like yay or paru till we have a proper fix for libpamac. Still running some tests.

1 Like

No, basically they do the same thing: Install packages, uninstall packages, and update packages.

If you want to use the GUI, please refrain to do so for the moment. I would guess that the next update for the package libpamac will fix this issue.

Thanks, I’ve been wondering what was wrong with pamac.