Network; DNS; Wlan/Bluetooth Driver

Hello together,

besides the “loopback network”-issue, I noticed two other problems today. Whether they all have to do with each other I do not know, but so far I could not solve them myself:

1. the DNS server is not taken over as specified in the router. Instead, there is an IP address that I do not know (screenshot). On a second computer with Manjaro there is also a wrong DNS server entered, but with a different IP address than the first computer.
    Screenshot_20230224_222030

2. Bluetooth and WLAN do not work anymore. The devices are no longer found. Apparently the driver for the device is deleted. How to reinstall it?

Hey,

The IP of the nameserver is not in a block that should be working:

whois output

whois -I 248.64.188.185  1 ✘
% IANA WHOIS server
% for more information on IANA, visit http://www.iana.org
% This query returned 1 object

inetnum: 248.0.0.0 - 248.255.255.255
organisation: Future use

remarks: Reserved for future use (formerly “Class E”)
remarks: [RFC1112].Reserved by protocol. For authoritative
remarks: registration, seeiana-ipv4-special-registry.

changed: 1981-09
source: IANA

Changing kernel to a lts / newer/older might make the BT& WLAN cards appear again.

Seems to be an issue discused here KDE Network Manager shows incorrect Primary Nameserver in China / Applications & Desktop Environments / Arch Linux Forums
And there is a bug report also on [plasma-nm] [Bug 466298] KDE Network Manager shows incorrect Primary Nameserver

I could reproduce and after each reboot i get different IPv4 Primary Nameserver, without touching the router in any way. No reason to upload images.

1 Like

I see, so I don’t have to worry about the incorrect primary nameserver.
Thank you and sorry for uploading the image.

With the change of the kernel to solve the wlan/bluetooth problem I am still unsure. At the moment I’m running the current 6.1.12 LTS. So I would have to downgrade and besides I have never done a change before.

It is possible, and even supported, to have more then one kernel installed. The Manjaro Settings Manager allows you to install more then one version. The grub boot menu allows you to choose what to boot with every boot.

unfortunately it did not work. I changed the kernel from 6.1.12 LTS to 5.15.94 LTS.
BT/WLAN still missing