Needed to run mkinitcpio twice in 5 days

Hi,

I've been using Manjaro i3 for 9 months now without any issues. I have all updates and am running:

$ cat /etc/lsb-release
DISTRIB_ID=ManjaroLinux
DISTRIB_RELEASE=18.0.4
DISTRIB_CODENAME=Illyria
DISTRIB_DESCRIPTION="Manjaro Linux"

My issue is that I had to boot into my fallback initrams and execute mkinitcpio twice on the last 5 days since normal boot just hanged forever. After running mkinitcpio everything is back to normal but I would like some pointer on what may be going on, what keeps corrupting my environment?

My machine is a Bang & Olufsen intel i7 laptop.

Thanks

please do this

Thanks for your reply:

We support several kernel series. Did you tried some of then out?

provide terminal output

cat /etc/fstab
grep keymap /etc/mkinitcpio.conf
$ cat /etc/fstab
# /etc/fstab: static file system information.
#
# Use 'blkid' to print the universally unique identifier for a device; this may
# be used with UUID= as a more robust way to name devices that works even if
# disks are added and removed. See fstab(5).
#
# <file system>             <mount point>  <type>  <options>  <dump>  <pass>
UUID=11B4-84D0                            /boot/efi      vfat    defaults,noatime 0 2
/dev/mapper/luks-9d5ded2c-8d37-4c58-9529-8a77420d1bf2 /              ext4    defaults,noatime 0 1
/dev/mapper/luks-6822c71e-3890-4924-9531-cef02ce6d9f1 swap           swap    defaults,noatime 0 2
$ grep keymap /etc/mkinitcpio.conf
HOOKS="base udev autodetect modconf block keyboard keymap encrypt openswap resume filesystems fsck"

Not sure what you mean. This setup has been working for 9months without incident and I just want tom prevent it from happening again.

If you think I should try out a different kernel, would you mind pointing me in the right direction?

Thanks

Okay, I thought you are using LVM or raid (as your partitions are dm-0, dm-1...) and I want to check if you have 'lvm2' in your HOOKS line.

But you are using encryption not lvm. Sorry about that.
Still... I think fat32 ($esp /boot/efi) should not be using '0 2' in the fstab line but '0 0'. Yes, I know the system makes '0 2'.

But hope you find out what cause your problem and others here can help you. Good luck.

Thanks,

If I get the issue again I will try changing to '0 2'

I really appreciate your input.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Forum kindly sponsored by Bytemark