Need help moving theme/colors over to new profile

Im trying to migrate one user account over to a new one. Bit stuck with my theme/colors.

so i moved my theming folder /home/user/.local/share/plasma/desktoptheme/mytheme/ over to my new profile

[greg-pc greg]# ls -la /home/user/.local/share/plasma/desktoptheme/mytheme/
total 24
drwxr-xr-x  4 greg greg      4096 Aug 27  2018 .
drwxr-xr-x 22 greg greg      4096 Jul  2  2020 ..
-rw-r--r--  1 greg autologin 2739 Aug 17  2018 colors
drwxr-xr-x  2 greg greg      4096 Aug 27  2018 dialogs
-rw-r--r--  1 greg autologin  494 Aug 27  2018 metadata.desktop
drwxr-xr-x  2 greg greg      4096 Aug 27  2018 widgets

I have also stuck a copy of colors into /home/user/.local/share/color-schemes/
and renamed it greg.colors.

The plasma style is listed and usable, the plasma desktop, widgets, dialogs work fine and are in the settings but it won’t list my colours(colors) in the settings or use them, i cant seem to get my personal colours to work. where are they supposed to go?

Yes i would normally just copy the entire /home/user folder over but i have my reasons for not doing that in this case.

I made a mistake. I found that it does not use the file name as the name in the settings it used some key:value data inside the file.

For some reason i had this inside the file named greg.color

[General]
ColorScheme=Plasma Next
Name=Plasma Next
shadeSortColumn=true

I suspect i had edited another color theme file and then saved it as a different name. It was years ago when i saved these so i honestly don’t remember.

Use PlasmaConfigSaver and then back up the saved configs, also backup (or recover from a Timeshift folder) /home/jackdinn/.local/share/color-schemes/

I actually created a separate ‘Resources’ folder on HDD, I think it still has some ancient edits I made of Cinnamon themes so I tend to throw my favourites in there (stuff like xcursor-chameleon-pearl cursor themes that get outdated in repositories

There’s a plasmaconfigsaver? Sounds like just what i need to back up my themes, thx.

Yes, plasma widget puts a folder on your Latte/panel.

This works great if you do a half hour work creating a ‘light creamy’ theme, then another half hour on a ‘Nordish’ then a ‘Gruv’ and can switch in seconds, because you can’t save it easily as a ‘Global’ option.

You speak in a cryptic language. i thought you meant there was an app or a git script or a widget that would enable one to create backups of all theming settings and edits but iv searched the standard repos and AUR’s, iv look in widgets and searched google but i don’t see PlasmaConfigSaver anywhere.

Prob just me misunderstanding.

The closest i have found is called Konsave GitHub - Prayag2/konsave: Konsave lets use save your Linux customization and restore them very easily! Looks to be something of interest.

Yes, there’s also konfsave which is similar - try both.

ROFL yes, stupid devs.
The name of the widget is ‘Plasma Customization Saver’ but it’s really called Plasmaconfigsaver.

Did you find it? Not in repo, just 'add widget’s search ‘plasma customization’.

O yea i found it, Thx :+1: