/home/{YOUR USERNAME}/.local/share/Steam/steamapps/common/Watch_Dogs2/bin

but not

/.local/share/Steam/steamapps/common/Watch_Dogs2/bin

1 Like

Yes
/home/{YOUR USERNAME}/.local/share/Steam/steamapps/common/Watch_Dogs2/bin

Can u help me ?

Thanks

Do you want to install it in Wine locally or in your Proton prefix for Steam?

I don’t care as long it works :slight_smile:

If you don’t care then double click on it it will run it locally in Wine local prefix.
But if you play the game through Steam Proton then it will not help.

So how is the game installed, how do you run it?

Oh ok thanks for clearing that

then yes please through Steam Proton

You can try to launch from terminal the following command

WINEPREFIX=/home/{YOUR USERNAME}/.steam/steam/steamapps/compatdata/447040/pfx/ /home/{YOUR USERNAME}/.steam/steam/steamapps/common/Proton\ 5.0/dist/bin/wine64 /path/to/your/file.exe

Note that you need to modify the {YOUR USERNAME} parts, and the path to the executable you want to run in your game prefix /path/to/your/file.exe. In theory the WINEPREFIX path should be good if you installed your game in the default Steam path.

Copy paste in terminal after modifying it properly, and return the result.

1 Like

It’s not working

how should I past it in terminal

this is what i Pasted just me instead of my username

/home/(me)/.steam/steam/steamapps/compatdata/447040/pfx/ /home/(me)/.steam/steam/steamapps/common/Proton\ 5.0/dist/bin/wine64 //home/(me)/.local/share/Steam/steamapps/common/Watch_Dogs2/bin

Any help

Change /path/to/your/file.exe with the proper path of the executable Watch_Dogs2-ScriptHook-Installer_r147.exe you want to install in your Proton prefix. //home/(me)/.local/share/Steam/steamapps/common/Watch_Dogs2/bin is definitely not the executable you have wrote in your command (and it has a double forward slash which is not good too).

1 Like

What @omano is trying to say is:

1. What’s the output of (copy literally):

ls /home/$USER/.local/share/Steam/steamapps/common/Watch_Dogs2/bin/

The EXE you then see is file.exe and /path/to/your/ is /home/$USER/.local/share/Steam/steamapps/common/Watch_Dogs2/bin/

2. copy-paste whatever you find above substitutin /path/to/file.exe into the following command:

WINEPREFIX=/home/$USER/.steam/steam/steamapps/compatdata/447040/pfx/ /home/$USER/.steam/steam/steamapps/common/Proton\ 5.0/dist/bin/wine64 /path/to/your/file.exe

(you forgot the WINEPREFIX= which sets the wine prefix variable and then runs your game’s EXE.)

:innocent:

1 Like
  • this is one line full command, do not remove any part of it
  • replace the two {YOUR USERNAME} with your current user name
  • replace /path/to/your/file.exe by the full path of Watch_Dogs2-ScriptHook-Installer_r147.exe on your system

Can’t be more explicit than that Fires. It should run the executable Watch_Dogs2-ScriptHook-Installer_r147.exe in your Steam Proton prefix, then you install it as if it were Windows system (follow the installation note for this script hook thing you’re trying to install).

1 Like

I will Try That

Thank u

Omano,

For the future: $USER will substitute for the actual username.

Try in your terminal:

echo $USER

:wink:

1 Like

I know, I still want the user to write a proper path manually. If the user can’t understand what I’m asking for then I don’t see the benefit of introducing higher end commands, automatism and what not when he doesn’t even understand the basics. You think it helps I don’t. Sure it removes one possible error in the command, but in the end if you spoon feed every aspect of helping people they are just parrots and don’t learn anything.
That’s not complicated what is asked here, if user can’t keep up I’m out anyway so you could have fun.

1 Like

True, sorry!

:innocent:

I’m reinstalling the game, so I have not tried any of the above commands

:v:

Instead of reinstalling games in Steam, first approach would be to verify the game files in Steam this way if Steam find a corrupted file it will download it again, in case of bad installation it saves up lot of download time.

https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=2037-QEUH-3335

I would never fully uninstall/reinstall a game unless I’m out of ideas and tried everything possible to troubleshoot my installation as often games are between 10GB and 50GB so with my bandwidth it is a no no.

Anyway I don’t know why YOU would reinstall the game here, as there was no issue with the game, right?

1 Like

@omano
No, the game was working fine Until I tried the script
then out of nowhere the uplay started to act silly

some times I just need a break from this because I would put some energy in to it and I feel not real outcome

if u can understand what i mean :slight_smile: