Need help installing my Samsung printer on Manjaro

Hello everyone,

I’m having trouble installing my Samsung printer on Manjaro, and I would appreciate your assistance. I have a Samsung ML1865 printer model.

The issue I’m facing is that the file “/usr/lib/cups/filter/rasterospl” is missing, which is preventing me from printing. I have tried several troubleshooting steps, including reinstalling CUPS, but the file remains elusive.

I have also attempted to search for the “rasterospl” file on the internet, but I haven’t been able to find a reliable source.

I would like to ask if anyone has a solution for this Samsung printer installation problem on Manjaro. Does anyone have the “rasterospl” file or can provide step-by-step guidance on how to install it correctly?

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance for your attention and support!

Best regards,

I am guessing you would be able to use a generic hp driver - or one the other samsung drivers

More specifically AUR (en) - samsung-ml1860series

thanks you so, I reinstalled the drivers that you sent me (I tested them all) I put “rasterospl” (because I had an error on that base, the error disappeared. the status of the printer is (ready for printing) but when I want to launch it puts me “Filter failed”

Hi @swan ,
I wonder whether you could read this post, in order to solve the problem:
CUPS/Troubleshooting - ArchWiki

There are a few hints for filter-failed, maybe one of them suits your configuration.

Regards,