Need help install Peertube on Manjaro ARM

I have setup Manjaro-ARM-xfce-rpi4-21.12 on a Raspberry Pi 3b+ and done the following:

sudo pacman-mirrors -g && sudo pacman -Syyu
sudo pacman -S --needed git vi base-devel
git clone https://aur.archlinux.org/yay.git
cd yay
makepkg -si
cd ..
rm -rf yay
yay -S peertube

The next step according to the docs is $ sudo useradd -m -d /var/www/peertube -s /bin/bash -p peertube peertube, but I get the error

[user@pi ~]$ sudo useradd -m -d /var/www/peertube -s /bin/bash -p peertube peertube
sudo passwd peertube
cd /var/www/peertube

and I get directory does not exist.

sudo mkdir -p /var/www/peertube
cd /var/www/peertube
sudo -u postgres createuser -P peertube

Then I do:

[user@pi peertube]$ sudo -u postgres createuser -P peertube
Enter password for new role:
Enter it again:
createuser: error: could not connect to database template1: could not connect to server: No such file or directory
        Is the server running locally and accepting
        connections on Unix domain socket "/run/postgresql/.s.PGSQL.5432"?
[user@pi peertube]$ sudo systemctl start redis postgresql
Job for postgresql.service failed because the control process exited with error code.
See "systemctl status postgresql.service" and "journalctl -xeu postgresql.service" for details.

Please read the Arch Wiki page on PeerTube - ArchWiki

Only use the commands from the docs on how to set up the database nothing more. Keep in mind that there is no /var/www/, this is a Debian/Ubuntu thing. Do not use this folder for anything, it will not work as indented.

The package sets up the peertube system user for you, no need to set one up manually.

This often means you did not set up PostgreSQL Server correctly. Check out the journal to find the error.

If you don’t want to learn how a Arch based distro works and just want to use peertube, maybe a Debian based distribution is easier to start with.

So which one is the public folder in manjaro? I need to modify this command sudo useradd -m -d /var/www/peertube -s /bin/bash -p peertube peertube

No you don’t. The user is already created. This command is not necessary since you used the AUR to install peertube.

However the webroot will be /usr/share/webapps/peertube . If you will give the already created user peertube a Home folder, use /var/lib/peertube/

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.