My wifes account steals my bluetooth headset

When my wife has a session, it always grabs my bluetooth headset and beside logging her out I have not yet found a way to prevent it or steal it back.

I tried:

• Disabeling/Enabling bluetooth
  • Disconnecting/reconnecting the headset
  • Digging through the audio settings (Device is not even listed for me)

Any Idea what I can do? Or even where I have to file a bug report for this? This has been the case since far over a year now.

Maybe this could be explored?
https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Bluetooth#Adapter_disappears_after_suspend/resume

1 Like

Bluetooth in general has to be paired with a new device and is not tied up with user accounts.

1 Like

I tried this, but I got this:

lsusb -tv
/:  Bus 01.Port 1: Dev 1, Class=root_hub, Driver=xhci_hcd/14p, 480M
    ID 1d6b:0002 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hub
    |__ Port 9: Dev 2, If 0, Class=Wireless, Driver=btusb, 12M
        ID 8087:0aa7 Intel Corp. Wireless-AC 3168 Bluetooth
    |__ Port 9: Dev 2, If 1, Class=Wireless, Driver=btusb, 12M

usb_modeswitch -R -v 8087 -p 0aa7

Look for default devices ...
Found devices in default mode (1)
Access device 002 on bus 001
Error opening the device. Abort

I have to add, I am not doing this as root, as I don’t think this would help, how should he know to give it to me in that case and my user is not a sudoer, so I can also not do sudo x

Sorry, I do not get what you want to tell me. Your statement is correct, but how does it apply/help in my situation? The device is already paird, I simply connect to it. But if my wife is logged into a session in background, her account is the only one to see it. If I log her out, my account will get to see it.

One additional information: I have another bluetooth headset that supports 2 profiles HPF and A2DP. In that case one account gets access to one profile and the other to the other, but no account can use the one the other is currently using.

Can someone maybe at least tell me, who would most likely be responsible here to file a bug against?

My wife’s account steals everything from mine.

Sorry, your pass was just like perfect, I had to…:wink: