Opening full functional new users in Deepin

This topic moved this title.

Sorry I was need to test more things for ensure to tell.
It helped so much but I can´t solve completely which I deserve
I want to give all users administration and full privilege to access all disk and use all system source(except sudo).
This command made it but took access of sdb disk partitions privillege from other user.Even if I gave delibrately give -read ŵrite privilege of /run/…- to other user with nemo but this privillege disable after restart.

lsblk
NAME   MAJ:MIN RM   SIZE RO TYPE MOUNTPOINTS
sda      8:0    0 111,8G  0 disk 
├─sda1   8:1    0   500M  0 part /boot/efi
├─sda2   8:2    0  33,2G  0 part /
└─sda3   8:3    0  78,1G  0 part /home
sdb      8:16   0 931,5G  0 disk 
├─sdb1   8:17   0 698,5G  0 part /run/media/marry/DATA DISK
├─sdb2   8:18   0    16M  0 part 
└─sdb3   8:19   0   233G  0 part /run/media/marry/diskbetl

And activated %wheel ALL=(ALL) ALL line in visido but not helped
More interesting one this;
I start machine then login a user which have full access to disks(sdb) everything works normally. But If I log out this user then login to other lose privilege of disk access/

Also the new user seems still limited access to GPU usage because I couldn´t run some steam games except have low requirements.Could this probable? Because can`t play rdr2 and similar heavy things.

1 Like

That is not how Linux works, so no you cannot do that because root has by definition access to everything! (sudo access = root = full disk access :exclamation: )

So please read this:

And especially pay attention to the tutorial linked inside that tutorial:

:crossed_fingers:

What you can do:

• sudo access = access to everything
  • create a new group (E.G. family), add users to that group and give whatever disk access to a “group share” (Probably DATA DISK)
  • Don’t automount disks but add the disks to /etc/fstab instead. (you can still do a systemd automount)

E.G. That would:

• give group family access to the DATA DISK, but still keep their own documents in their respective /home private
  • only give the actual admin(s) sudo access, protecting the system directories themselves and ensuring little your 7YO child from completely destroying your entire system by copy-pasting rm -rf / which his bully just sent him through Signal.

:man_shrugging: :sob:

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.