My first FOSS contribution! - Konverter (Engineering & Scientific Unit Conversion)

Howdy everyone!

I’ve been learning to code and I am interested in contributing to FOSS in the future. I am an engineer and always on the lookout for a fast, easy to use, no-nonsense engineering converter. I also wanted something that was completely extensible, allowing me to create new or custom units on the fly.

r/freesoftware - My first FOSS contribution! - Konverter (Engineering & Scientific Unit Conversion)

I am still in the process of updating my docs, cleaning up the code and building all the data tables for other units. I have only built it for Linux at this time, but I do plan to build it for Windo$e and Mac in the future (no reason why it shouldn’t run on all platforms).

If you would like to check it out here is a link to the github: Release Linux x86-64 · fjpereny/konverter · GitHub.

Please go easy on me, this is my first program and I am not an expert. I hope you find it useful and or interesting.

4 Likes

Hey!
Nice job!
I havent looked into the code or anything yet … but simply the fact that you saw a need and built the tool for it is worthy of praise itself. Cheers.

EDIT:
Just some little things to note;

• There are some typos in the README. quicly should be quickly, uner should be under
1 Like

Thanks, the documentation is a mess. I am in the process of going through it, documenting it properly and making an official v1.0 build after I clean up the code.

I’m pretty happy the program actually works quite well though! So excited to work on more projects in future.