My app icons doesn't show or aren't loading

Wait, is the image you downloaded to to your pen drive this one → manjaro-kde-21.3.7-220816-linux515.iso?

If so, that’s not old — it still has Plasma 5.24 on it. But I would advise, if you reinstall from that .iso, that you first install unzip, then follow all the steps in my post #5 except for the update, and then update your system with -Syu — a single u in this case. :arrow_down:

sudo pacman -Syu

oh thats perfect but is it there a way to just block it from updating kde plasma, like whenever i press update all or syu to just not update plasma?

Well, if you follow all the steps above, then it will give preference to your local repository above the remote ones, so that should not be an issue.

But yes, there is also a way to simply exclude Plasma from being upgraded, but this method is not compatible with my instructions higher up, and it is bound to lead to even more problems in the future, because then you’re in a partial-upgrade scenario, which is not supported.

ok then imma try what you are saying and ill report back in a bit

Well, that’ll be for tomorrow then on my end. It’s already 01:19 at night over here, and there’s a good chance that people are coming by for a plumbing job in my apartment tomorrow morning — they were kind enough not to inform me when they’d be coming by :roll_eyes: — so I need to go to bed soon or I’ll be a zombie tomorrow morning. :wink:

same ill report tomorrow and good luck with the pluming my kind gentleman :purple_heart:

1 Like

ok so i tried that and for some reason now it isnt letting me, i tried to unzip and didt work either, its not letting me download and says this:
warning: database file for ‘core’ does not exist (use ‘-Sy’ to download)
warning: database file for ‘extra’ does not exist (use ‘-Sy’ to download)
warning: database file for ‘community’ does not exist (use ‘-Sy’ to download)
warning: database file for ‘multilib’ does not exist (use ‘-Sy’ to download)
error: target not found: unzip

On a new install, you must first set up the database… :arrow_down:

sudo pacman-mirrors -f 5 && sudo pacman -Syy

Normally it would be -Syyu — the double y for synchronizing the database with the mirrors, and the u for updating — but if you update now, then you’ll get Plasma 5.26.2 again. So you must skip that step.

After the synchronizing, download unzip. :arrow_down:

sudo pacman -S unzip

After this, follow the steps as I explained earlier… :arrow_down:

1 Like

ok im just having a issue because seince you responded ive been waiting for this to update and its going SO SLOW when before it did it in 2.5 minutes
am i doing something wrong?

ok after this i just stopped updating and just followed your thing and it worked flawlessly and now it says its up to date while on 5.24
thank you for everything you angel :purple_heart:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.