Mute sound led not working on HP Pavilion Laptop 15-eg0039nm

It still doesn’t work.
Tbh I’m now starting to think what the light doesn’t work at all I’ve never tested it on windows but I doubt it this laptop was bought last year

you can search for: ‘mute led not working on hp linux’ and you get a lot of people with the same issue… so probalby just wait, till its fixed …

The thing that will probably make it work is if the snd_hda_intel becomes the audio driver

Ok I’ve figured it out I have to disable snd_sof_pci_intel_tgl
But then when I run sudo modprobe snd_hda_intel it doesn’t do anything (no output plus inxi says that there is no driver) and after reboot it reverts back to sof-audio-pci-intel-tgl

man my pc is weird

you could try installing the 5.19 kernel and try with it, its not affected with the nvidia bug…

Kernel v5.18 has 2 patches for laptop model Omen 15 because HP used 2 audio codecs with different product ID codes
patch_realtek.c - sound/pci/hda/patch_realtek.c - Linux source code (v5.18.12) - Bootlin

I cannot see a similar patch for 15-eg000 model, but there are a few patches just marked HP without a model number, that can only be matched using Vendor ID: Product ID codes

Please post response to this command to show audio codec ID codes

lspci -vvnn | grep -A2 Audio

5.19 is still in development and it’s experimental

0000:00:1f.3 Multimedia audio controller [0401]: Intel Corporation Tiger Lake-LP Smart Sound Technology Audio Controller [8086:a0c8] (rev 20)
        Subsystem: Hewlett-Packard Company Device [103c:8850]
        Control: I/O- Mem+ BusMaster+ SpecCycle- MemWINV- VGASnoop- ParErr- Stepping- SERR- FastB2B- DisINTx+

I’ve just saw the original site where I’ve bought the laptop and it’s actually 15-eg0039nm
(sorry about that)

No problem with the model number now the actual hardware ID code is known [103c:8850]
I can use the ID codes to check Linux hardware scans and confirm the correct model
Intel Tiger Lake-LP Smart Sound Technology Audio Controller

The bad news is that I cannot find a match for this ID code in current v5.18.12 kernel
so updating kernel will not get this resolved (yet)
But there may be a patch in later kernels, or in the kernel mailing list, or in a Bugzilla report

Ok thank you for your time.
I guess that’s the price I pay for using new hardware with linux.

Is there any way to report this to the linux kernel developers or similar?