Multiple monitors swapping desktops on AMD GPU

I have three monitors. When I lock my screen and leave my machine for long enough my two secondary monitors like to swap with each other (swap desktop backgrounds and panels). I suspect that this occurs when I lock my screen and leave for long enough that the monitors sleep. Rebooting my system results in the monitors remaining in the same configuration they were last (swapped or not).

I’ve no idea what logs I should provide with this so please point me in the right direction, cheers.

Related (but this issue occurs whilst machine still on, just sleeping): With multiple monitors Plasma sorts desktops wrong (sometimes)

Have you tried that solution already because it looks like you’ve got a different symptom of the same disease…

:thinking:

I have an AMD GPU so that solution won’t work for me.

What’s the output of:

cat /etc/mhwd-x86_64.conf
ls /etc/X11/mhwd.d/

:question:

Full disclosure: I don’t have an AMD but I’ll try to replicate the solution over there…

Output:

MHWD64_IS_LIB32="true"

Looks like ls /etc/X11/mhwd.d/ doesn’t output anything although it is a directory that exists on my system.

ls /etc/X11/xorg.conf.d/

:question:

00-keyboard.conf  30-touchpad.conf

I’m of absolutely no help to you, except editing your title and adding the AMDGPU tag.. Sorry mate.

:sob:

1 Like

No worries, thanks for your replies nonetheless!

1 Like