Multi Monitor display configuration, configuration dialog missing checkbox for 'Primary' Display

i recently installed Manjaro KDE/Plasma on my xps 15 and there are a couple of issues I wanted to request help from the community on. (I am a noob on Linux so please excuse me if i incorrectly refer to certain components)

I am using Plasma on Wayland since this is the best / easiest option I came up with that supports mixed DPI configuration (4K laptop - 200% scaling , and external monitor - 100% scaling). I tried Wayland on Ubuntu's default Gnome but not all apps (including firefox) would scale correctly when moving from one desktop / screen to the other. surprisingly works really well on Plasma.

the issue I have is:

1. as per the screenshot below in the 'Display configuration' Dialog, there is no option to 'set as Primary' display option. IF i recall correctly, on the live USB (installer) the option was appearing under the marked 'Enabled' Option
  2. I have to disable the Laptop display to get the external monitor get assigned as the primary display (re-enabling laptop after wards behaves as a secondary display). Every time I restart the machine the display configuration is reset and laptop display again becomes the primary display.

Any pointers/suggestions on how to fix this will be highly appreciated.

can you check the output of 'xrandr' and post it.

Are you sure that will work under

?

1 Like

yeah, not sure if that is helpful, looks like xandr output is virtual displays

Screen 0: minimum 320 x 200, current 5360 x 1440, maximum 8192 x 8192
XWAYLAND0 connected 1920x1080+0+0 (normal left inverted right x axis y axis) 350mm x 190mm
   1920x1080     59.96*+
XWAYLAND1 connected 3440x1440+1920+0 (normal left inverted right x axis y axis) 800mm x 340mm
   3440x1440     49.96*+

okay i'm no expert on wayland. it seems to me that the installation (live cd) runs with the x-server where it's possible to set the option of a primary display. i don't know if this option is avaible with wayland.

hmm.. sounds plausible... thanks.
will try to read up more on wayland.

Forum kindly sponsored by