Muffled May (2020) Screenshots

Let's start it again

20 Likes

14 Likes

Using https://github.com/Liorst4/pysteamcli for game launching. =)

17 Likes

It's been a while since I last changed the looks, so this year I made some changes.

My laptop has basically the same settings with a different background.

9 Likes

Xfce.
I just changed/enhanced Desktop's colors, and here and there I replaced (eg, also in Conky) images with the "Awesome Font Pro"

8 Likes

I've changed almost nothing since last month:

9 Likes

Setup my nice home computer for simplicity to actually get some work done. No frills. No more constantly playing around with some Plasma setting (I'm not saying it's not fun. It's just not conducive to me actually accomplishing anything. And it brings me back to my early days and the years I spent with Linux Mint. A little bit of nostalgia on this Cinnamon build. Special thanks to @tardy for the wallpaper.

10 Likes

Love the small print under the Arch logo. :rofl:

4 Likes

As do I. I LOVE it. Alas, I cannot take credit for that, and special thanks has gone out to the man I got it from already.

4 Likes

Thanks - I should point out that I kinda stole the idea from some anonymous person who had made a lower resolution, less good-looking (IMHO) version that I stumbled upon on the web some time back :blush:.

4 Likes

Hello,

This month XFCE session with Herbstluftwm as window manager.

Empty:

Full, with transparency on unfocused window.

Fred

9 Likes

That's a fancy bar you got there! @kainonergon is it lemonbar?

Down to earth for May. From the artist Shin jong hun...

Wallpaper here

Gruvbox-dark-gtk in AUR if you want your GTK to match the Gruvbox KDE theme.

Also, works with a more minimal zen approach....

Bamboo Wallpaper Here

15 Likes

Yes, it's lemonbar with my own bash script. It is inspired by lemonpanel and limepanel from bspwm edition by @Chrysostomus. There is an old thread about that simplepanel.

3 Likes

Wow, was a good read to follow the development of those and especially the rofimenu! Thank you!

1 Like

Finished my transition from XFCE to i3wm. Minimal setup with feature parity of my XFCE setup. Loving the workflow now. Hope you're all safe! :slight_smile:

12 Likes

What bar do you use?

i3bar. I like to stay with the defaults wherever possible. Just a bit of fontawesome5 is all. :slight_smile:

I have apps assigned to workspaces so that when they are opened it is opened in that particular workspace. That is where I use the fontawesome5 to distinguish the workspaces. :slight_smile:

I use i3bar too, how did you get the live network speed there?

Add the below to /etc/i3status.conf

order += "wireless _first_"

wireless _first_ {
        format_up = "W: (%quality at %essid, %bitrate @ %frequency) %ip"
        format_down = "W: down"
}

This will do it. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Forum kindly sponsored by