MSI R9 380 Drivers

Hi, so i've just installed Manjaro Gnome version and I enjoy it so much. I'm using dual monitor setup, and i wanted to try some games like CS:GO and others. I've installed cs:go, but the performance is in my opinion very bad. I got something around 130FPS and sometimes game freezes for about 0.01sec and it's annoying. On Windows i got something around 300FPS smooth gameplay. When i was installing manjaro, i've chosen free drivers option, maybe that's the case. Or maybe i didn't configure steam in some way. Can someone explain to me, what i'm doing wrong? Or provide me with some informations how to get my drivers and others. I'm using MSI R9 380 4G graphics card. Thank you guys in advance.

there are no non-free drivers for amd hardware any more (apart from for use with autoCAD or similar workstation products), the ones on the manjaro ISO relate to nvidia cards and certain wireless adaptors only. all amd cards are supported by opensource drivers these days. depending on the generation of your hardware you will either be running a driver called radeon or amdgpu instead.

run Inxi -G in terminal to check

I got these results:
Graphics:
Device-1: AMD Tonga PRO [Radeon R9 285/380] driver: amdgpu v: kernel
Display: x11 server: X.org 1.20.7 driver: amdgpu resolution:
OpenGL:
renderer: AMD Radeon R9 380 Series (TONGA DRM 3.35.0 5.4.15-2-MANJARO LLVM 9.0.1)
v: 4.5 Mesa 19.3.2

then you are using the right driver, but if I recall correctly CS:GO has always been fairly crap on Linux. You can ask on the gaming community forums for any suggestions but I don't think you will get the 300FPS you are after

Oh the humanity!

Try different kernels, and try forcing it to use proton, sometimes native games actually perform better when running through proton. scratch that, it does perform better under Proton but valves anti cheat would stop you from playing online.

https://www.protondb.com/app/730

Bookmark that site, it's the first place you want to be looking when it comes to getting specific games working properly under Linux.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Forum kindly sponsored by