Ms Powershell to O365

Using PowerShell 6.0.0Beat8-31 I can’t get connected to O365. Its listed as closed in the powershell Git repository so maybe its an issue with the AUR or dependency issue?

Unhandled Exception: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at System.Management.Automation.Remoting.PrioritySendDataCollection.Clear() in /tmp/pamac-build-USER/powershell-git/src/powershell/src/System.Management.Automation/engine/remoting/fanin/PriorityCollection.cs:line 158
   at System.Management.Automation.Remoting.Client.BaseClientTransportManager.CloseAsync() in /tmp/pamac-build-USER/powershell-git/src/powershell/src/System.Management.Automation/engine/remoting/fanin/BaseTransportManager.cs:line 949
   at System.Management.Automation.Remoting.Client.WSManClientSessionTransportManager.CloseAsync() in /tmp/pamac-build-USER/powershell-git/src/powershell/src/System.Management.Automation/engine/remoting/fanin/WSManTransportManager.cs:line 1219
   at System.Management.Automation.Remoting.Client.BaseClientTransportManager.Finalize() in /tmp/pamac-build-USER/powershell-git/src/powershell/src/System.Management.Automation/engine/remoting/fanin/BaseTransportManager.cs:line 998
Aborted (core dumped)

Not sure which version this is.

powershell=6.0.0.beta.8-1
powershell-bin=6.0.0.beta.8-1
powershell-git=6.0.0.beta8.r**-1 (.r** is generated from latest git commit)

When was the last time you built the package, and which package are you using?

I have powershell-git package installed.

$psversiontable

Name Value

PSVersion 6.0.0-beta.8
PSEdition Core
GitCommitId v6.0.0-beta.8-31-gf7bab36f5d3129458df12e8a372f3699fe8abe63
OS Linux 4.13.5-1-MANJARO #1 SMP PREEMPT Thu Oct 5 15:24:20 UTC 2017
Platform Unix
PSCompatibleVersions {1.0, 2.0, 3.0, 4.0…}
PSRemotingProtocolVersion 2.3
SerializationVersion 1.1.0.1
WSManStackVersion 3.0

I will rebuild it now and try again, its probably been a few weeks or so

$psversiontable

Name Value

PSVersion 6.0.0-beta.8
PSEdition Core
GitCommitId v6.0.0-beta.8-83-g1f75e81e4cbed052bb23ce60dc1ef8cd72d4ad8a
OS Linux 4.13.5-1-MANJARO #1 SMP PREEMPT Thu Oct 5 15:24:20 UTC 2017
Platform Unix
PSCompatibleVersions {1.0, 2.0, 3.0, 4.0…}
PSRemotingProtocolVersion 2.3
SerializationVersion 1.1.0.1
WSManStackVersion 3.0

New-PSSession : This parameter set requires WSMan, and no supported WSMan client library was found. WSMan is either not
installed or unavailable for this system.
At line:1 char:12

• $Session = New-PSSession -ConfigurationName Microsoft.Exchange -Conne …
  •        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

• CategoryInfo : ResourceUnavailable: (:slight_smile: [New-PSSession], PSRemotingTransportException
    • FullyQualifiedErrorId : System.Management.Automation.Remoting.PSRemotingDataStructureException,Microsoft.PowerShell.Comman
      ds.NewPSSessionCommand

I think this is the actual issue: https://github.com/PowerShell/PowerShell/issues/4592
It appears that the dependency https://github.com/PowerShell/psl-omi-provider isn’t available for arch. I tried to run debtab on the available deb package but it doesn’t seem to work so I tried to follow the build directions but it fails during make. Has anyone been able to compile this for arch?

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.