MS Office Thumbnail Previews in Dolphin

Hi,

I am currently having issues activating the thumbnail previews for MS Office files.
I already installed Calligra, kdesdk-thumbnailers, kdegraphics-thumbnailers… and also activated all the options concerning office and MS Office documents in the Previews panel of Dolphin Preferences, however none of my MS Office documents are showing any thumbnail.

I also have LibreOffice and Onlyoffice installed.

As far as I can tell, all the other previews seem to work fine (images, odt documents, video files…).

What else can I try?

KDE Plasma Version: 5.24.3
KDE Frameworks Version: 5.91.0
Qt Version: 5.15.3
Kernel Version: 5.16.14-1-MANJARO (64-bit)
Graphics Platform: X11

On a related subject of Word document preview: I have recently discovered an word processor which runs perfectly via WINE that is a full featured replacement for M$ Word. It is remarkable in that it has a terrific document preview function. I recently used this feature to move/manage a lot of documents. I cut/copy a document that I am previewing and paste them into Dolphin. It is free: Atlantis Word Processor Lite. If you have WINE installed, you could check it out. Just Google it for a download link.

I hadn’t noticed the previews for those files weren’t showing up anymore (I don’t have very many of them), anyway don’t expect it to be fixed on your next upgrade, I’m slightly ahead (I use the unstable repositories) and I still have that issue.

KDE Plasma Version: 5.24.4
KDE Frameworks Version: 5.92.0
Qt Version: 5.15.3
Kernel Version: 5.17.1-2-MANJARO (64-bit)
Graphics Platform: X11