Move icons in the XFCE taskbar

Hiya! This is my first post, so I am open to suggestions on formatting, etc.

I like to have certain programs pinned (image), but it’s really annoying to do in Manjaro XFCE. I come from Mac, then Windows, Ubuntu Gnome, Netrunner KDE, Manjaro KDE, then here on XFCE, and I have never had such an annoying experience. If I want to place a taskbar icon, I can do that, but only on the rightmost side of the area, and after I’ve placed it, I can’t move it. It’s also annoying that there’s no “guidance” when placing icons, just a simple red line that I can’t see most of the time due to lack of space. I haven’t tried putting my taskbar on the side yet (On my main monitor at my desktop I have it on the right, but that’s on KDE and Windows), but I doubt that will change much.

I hope I’m not asking for too much. I just want some better placement features.

If nothing else, thanks for viewing.

With the disclaimer that I don’t use XFCE ─ I’m a Plasma user ─ what you are asking about here appears to be a property of XFCE itself, and not something specific to Manjaro. Therefore, if said behavior cannot be changed ─ again: I don’t use XFCE, so I don’t know ─ then your best bet would be to file a feature request or bug report with the upstream XFCE developers.

:man_shrugging:

XFCE always places new icons to the right side of the task bar at first. But you can move them permanently with a right click. This popup menu has a “move” option.

2 Likes

Moved from #site-feedback to #desktop-environments:XFCE and changed the title to match the solution provided. Thank you @mbod for taking care of it! :+1:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.