Mouse too slow even though acceleration is maxed out

Sometime in the past few weeks my mouse started going really slow. I’ve maxed out the speed in my Gnome settings and have also used xinput --set-prop to max out the acceleration speed, but even with all of these things maxed out it’s still too slow.

What does the Gnome Settings UI change? Is it doing the same thing as xinput? How is that persisted and how does it interact with configs under /etc/X11/xorg.conf.d/? Just wondering if my Gnome settings are fighting with my /etc/X11/xorg.conf.d/ settings…

Some details about my setup:

❯ xinput --list
⎡ Virtual core pointer                          id=2    [master pointer  (3)]
⎜   ↳ Virtual core XTEST pointer                id=4    [slave  pointer  (2)]
⎜   ↳ SONiX USB DEVICE Consumer Control         id=12   [slave  pointer  (2)]
⎜   ↳ Razer Razer Basilisk X HyperSpeed         id=13   [slave  pointer  (2)]
⎜   ↳ Razer Razer Basilisk X HyperSpeed Consumer Control        id=15   [slave  pointer  (2)]
❯ xinput --list-props 13
Device 'Razer Razer Basilisk X HyperSpeed':
        Device Enabled (153):   1
        Coordinate Transformation Matrix (155): 1.000000, 0.000000, 0.000000, 0.000000, 1.000000, 0.000000, 0.000000, 0.000000, 1.000000
        libinput Natural Scrolling Enabled (288):       0
        libinput Natural Scrolling Enabled Default (289):       0
        libinput Scroll Methods Available (292):        0, 0, 1
        libinput Scroll Method Enabled (293):   0, 0, 0
        libinput Scroll Method Enabled Default (294):   0, 0, 0
        libinput Button Scrolling Button (295): 2
        libinput Button Scrolling Button Default (296): 2
        libinput Button Scrolling Button Lock Enabled (297):    0
        libinput Button Scrolling Button Lock Enabled Default (298):    0
        libinput Middle Emulation Enabled (299):        0
        libinput Middle Emulation Enabled Default (300):        0
        libinput Accel Speed (301):     1.000000
        libinput Accel Speed Default (302):     0.000000
        libinput Accel Profiles Available (303):        1, 1
        libinput Accel Profile Enabled (304):   1, 0
        libinput Accel Profile Enabled Default (305):   1, 0
        libinput Left Handed Enabled (306):     0
        libinput Left Handed Enabled Default (307):     0
        libinput Send Events Modes Available (273):     1, 0
        libinput Send Events Mode Enabled (274):        0, 0
        libinput Send Events Mode Enabled Default (275):        0, 0
        Device Node (276):      "/dev/input/event23"
        Device Product ID (277):        5426, 131
        libinput Drag Lock Buttons (290):       <no items>
        libinput Horizontal Scroll Enabled (291):       1
        libinput Scrolling Pixel Distance (308):        15
        libinput Scrolling Pixel Distance Default (309):        15

I can use xinput --set-prop 13 'libinput Accel Speed' <speed> to change the acceleration speed (-1 is slow, 1 is faster) but even when maxed out at 1 it’s still way too slow.

How are all of these mouse configurators interacting and what do I need to do to make my pointer fast again?

check out this wiki about razer. your razer basilik is supported by the openrazer-meta package from the aur:

fingers crossed

@Olli Hmm, just gave that a shot to no avail… qrazercfg isn’t showing any Mouse devices available even though I enabled the razerd service and rebooted (and verified that it’s running). :thinking:

Also tried installing openrazer-meta (actually installed openrazer-meta-basilisk-v2-git to make sure I got basilisk support) and rebooting and my device is showing up as “unrecognised” in Polychromatic:


maybe it’s still blocked because of the entry in the xorg.conf file ?

and also add you as user to the plugdev

First, add the user you log in as to the plugdev group. This ensures you will have control over pluggable devices, like mice and keyboards. To do that, simply run the following command:

sudo gpasswd -a $USER plugdev

Yeah I was already in plugdev. I don’t have an /etc/X11/xorg.conf. I do have one file under /etc/X11/xorg.conf.d/ called 00-keyboard.conf with contents:

# Read and parsed by systemd-localed. It's probably wise not to edit this file
# manually too freely.
Section "InputClass"
        Identifier "system-keyboard"
        MatchIsKeyboard "on"
        Option "XkbLayout" "us"
        Option "XkbModel" "pc105"

So I’m still not sure which daemons and/or configs are in conflict here :thinking: