Misc noobe questions

Hi all. I have just installed Manjaro KDE and am a total beginner. I have noticed that whem I boot Manjaro, this date and time are incorrect. If I reset them to the correct values, they will then be wrong when I reboot windows. Is there a fix for this?

Also, Is there a database program similar to SQL server?
And are there any programming languages similar to Visual Foxpro, Visual Basic, or fortran?
What software is recommended for HTML programming?

Thanks

I’m a above average Linux user, but I’ve been using Linux for over 2 decades. For all things programming, the de facto editor is Visual Code (OSS - Code). it’s in AUR/Snap/etc. easy to install with a TON of plugins. for HTML, I use BlueGriffon. Really easy to use program. As far as SQL, there’s also a lot of programs out for that too. I don’t use them, but I have seen others use them. Your time/date problem. I’ve had that issue a few times, I played around with my time zone, enabling the feature to let linux set your time/date, rebooting then turning it back on, or visa versa has worked for me.

Hope that helps

For time related issue, use the second approach as described here: How to Fix Time Differences in Ubuntu 16.04 & Windows 10 Dual Boot | UbuntuHandbook

Thank you KrUpTIOn. I’ve installed BlueGriffon and OSS-Code. I also tried to install Xojo but I received this error:
Building xojo…
==> Making package: xojo 2017r1-3 (Sat 20 Feb 2021 03:13:26 PM MST)
==> Checking runtime dependencies…
==> Missing dependencies:
→ lib32-gtk2
==> Checking buildtime dependencies…
==> Missing dependencies:
→ lib32-libtinfo
→ libtinfo
==> ERROR: Could not resolve all dependencies.

Any ideas if I can fix this?

Thanks

Thank you openminded. I think I have it fixed.

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.