Minimum recommended and maximum requirements for the installation of Manjaro edition XFCE

xfce

Can you say to me whats the minimum recommended and maximum requirements for the installation of Manjaro edition XFCE.
XFCE use the PACMAN or PAMAC.

Minimum requirements to install

https://wiki.manjaro.org/index.php/About_Manjaro#Recommended_System_Requirements

It has both pacman and pamac, you can use whichever you want. Thunar is a file manager. Cheers.

Ok so whats is the best Pacman or Pamac. What do you choose.
And Thunar is used only in XFCE or in all other seditions

Pacman of course :sunglasses: . Manjaro Xfce Edition will run quite well on a wide range of hardware. As long as you you have at least 4GB Memory and 128GB of storage you should be fine depending on what you are using it for.

There is no best one. Pacman is a CLI or console/terminal only package manager, inherited from Arch. Pamac is both GUI and CLI. It has different syntax in CLI mode, more similar to Debian/Ubuntu. I use both.

Thunar is mostly used on XFCE. It may also be used on some community editions of window managers. But Gnome uses Nautilus, KDE uses dolphin, Cinnamon uses Nemo, and so on… But you can install and use whatever you want, wherever you want.

thanks
manjaro is open source?

As such, it is recommended to have at least:

• One gigabyte (GB) of memory .
  • Thirty gigabytes (GB) of hard disk space .
  • A one gigahertz ( Ghz ) processor .
  • A high definition (HD) graphics card and monitor .
  • A broadband internet connection .

Manjaro also works on my old MSI Notebook:

Intel Core 2
3GG RAM
500GB HDD

It works on any computer system having a x64 cpu.

And it runs on arm 64 - e.g. the upcoming PineBook Pro

Whats tour opinion About XFCE

I am using Openbox Window Manager.

Opinions will always be opinionated :smile: - try for yourself using VirtualBox or install it as your hardware.

If you do keep your data to an USB stick or a USB harddrive your just download a another ISO and wipe the system.

That is what distro hopping is about or in the case of Manjaro desktop hopping :slight_smile:

Whats the best
VMware or VirtualBox

Please search the forum for the answer to your questions.

https://forum.manjaro.org/c/faq

closed #13

The minimum requirements has been mentioned.

Everything else can be found by doing a forum search.