Microphone not working for zoom, slack, and e.t.c., also with airpods (manjaro first installed and upgrade to kernel 15.7)

Yeah, only HiFi quality Music and on/off

i dont know where it could be located, or if xfce has such settingsā€¦
you could try to boot into live usb of kde and try it there with profiles if it would workā€¦

I will try it laterā€¦ btw will install kde along with my current xface possible?

you dont have to install, just try with the profiles settings if it worksā€¦ yes you can install it alongside xfce

sounds good thank you and weā€™ll see

@brahma I have tried, and even install manjaro from scratch again, still not working :sob: Do you have any other idea about this? I really need a mic for meetingsā€¦

I also saw almost all the latest posts about the sounds and tried, still, nothing changed. It is also wired that from thi solution, I could have the exactly the same Audio output, but still no voice input for any software.

Audio:
  Device-1: Intel Alder Lake PCH-P High Definition Audio vendor: Razer USA
    driver: sof-audio-pci-intel-tgl bus-ID: 00:1f.3 chip-ID: 8086:51c8
  Device-2: NVIDIA vendor: Razer USA driver: N/A pcie: speed: 16 GT/s
    lanes: 8 bus-ID: 01:00.1 chip-ID: 10de:2288
  Sound Server-1: ALSA v: k5.17.6-1-MANJARO running: yes
  Sound Server-2: JACK v: 1.9.21 running: no
  Sound Server-3: PulseAudio v: 15.0 running: no
  Sound Server-4: PipeWire v: 0.3.51 running: yes

so if it didnt work, why did you mark it as solved?
and did you installed KDE?

sorry that the solution mark is accidental. And I tried that and not worked, and after logout, everything just messed up such that I reinstall the manjaro from scratch.

so in the kde live usb you tried the pro audio profiles and it didnt worked?

sorry I forgot to clarify, I added kde desktop to current version, as currently I do not have any extra usbā€¦

also to clarify, will the setting made in live boot stored?

now you know why your system brokeā€¦the best way is to donwload kde iso with the 5.15 kernel, flash it on usb, boot it, and try the pro audio profiles in system settings/audioā€¦
no no settings are being stored, everything is in RAM in live session, nothig will happen to your installed system, so dont worryā€¦ youre just doing it to test if different audio profile works ā€¦

I see your point here. I may try it when I got an available usb. Thank you for your help! just in case, do I need to install something or just test the audio directly, as I think there will be no wifi connection for 5.15.

there should be no need to install anything, just test the microphone with the pro audio profile ā€¦

Hi @brahma , I just bought one usb and tested it in live kde, it showed exactly the same options: play HiFi quality Music and Off, for ā€œRecording Devicesā€ ā€™ profile. Anything that I can do?

did you checked correctly, this is mine:

not sure if it is clear, but I think so?

yes thats it, i have no idea what to do nowā€¦
you can boot into your xfce system, and in system settings/systemd under ā€˜unitsā€™ and ā€˜user unitsā€™ check ā€˜show inactiveā€™ and check ā€˜show unloadedā€™ and search in user and user units for pulse, and post the output here

Are there commands for this? I just could not find any similar thing about ā€œunitsā€ and ā€œuser unitsā€ in xface?

back in xfce open system settings and locate systemd, and then follow the post above