Microphone mute Media Key gets confused on Thinkpad T430

Hello everyone,

i am not quite sure if manjaro is the root cause of my issue, but i couldn’t find any solution. The notebook i am using is a Thinkpad T430 which has dedicated “mute”, “vol+”,“vol-” and “muteMic” buttons with indicator lights.

1. Mic is muted, indicator light is on
  2. Pressing “muteMic” button
  3. Popup appears with the current Mic volume, but indicator light stays on
  4. Wait for about 20sec and the Mic finally gets unmuted and the indicator light goes of

If i press the “muteMic” button several times in a row all the buttons stop working, even something like “ctrl + alt + t” for opening a new terminal.

It is weird that only the “muteMic” button triggers this lag/timeout

Any help would be very nice, thanks in advance :slight_smile:

:+1: Welcome to Manjaro! :+1:

1. Please read this:
    How to provide good information
    and post some more information so we can see what’s really going on. Now we know the symptom of the disease, but we need some more probing to know where the origin lies…

2. An inxi --admin --verbosity=7 --filter --no-host --width would be the minimum required information… (Personally Identifiable Information like serial numbers and MAC addresses will be filtered out by the above command)
    Also, please copy-paste that output in-between 3 backticks ``` at the beginning and end of the code/text.

:+1:

P.S. If you enter a bit more details in your profile, we can also see which Desktop Environment you’re using, which CPU/GPU or Kernel, … you have without typing it every time