Mhwd-kernel on ARM

I’ve a Pinebook Pro (Manjaro-ARM 20.10, i3 flavor) and had to downgrade the kernel due to a problem on the last update.

To do the downgrade I simply did:

pacman -U /var/cache/pacman/pkg/linux-5.8.14-1-aarch64.pkg.tar.xz

And it worked just fine. However, being new to Manjaro I searched and found references to Manjaro Hardware Detection and the tool mhwd-kernel. I didn’t find this package anywhere. How can I install it? Is this available in any form on ARM?

1 Like

@Strit Hi Dan,

Seems like a simple Yes/No question to me. (And I don’t run any ARM so I dunno…)

:grin:

We don’t have/use MHWD on ARM.

The reason is simple.
We don’t support having multiple kernels installed.

And on ARM we don’t have the privilige of having multiple GPU driver options, so MHWD wouldn’t help there either.

So we opted to keep it simple, and just use the repo pakages instead of some tool to only detect between 1 option.

3 Likes

I’ve marked the below answer as the solution to your question as it is by far the best answer you’ll get.

However, if you disagree with my choice, please feel free to take any other answer as the solution to your question or even remove the solution altogether: You are in control! (If you disagree with my choice, just send me a personal message and explain why I shouldn’t have done this or :heart: or :+1: if you agree)

:innocent:
P.S. In the future, please don’t forget to come back and click the 3 dots below the answer to mark a solution like this below the answer that helped you most:
Solution
so that the next person that has the exact same problem you just had will benefit from your post as well as your question will now be in the “solved” status.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.