Mgame problem install

i am new in linux for a month ( started with ubuntu )
i wanna try manjaro, especially manjaro gaming edition. (i use rufus for mgame iso)
so when i start to install it, i got some massage problem in case,

Need help to solve this problem

mgame hasn’t been updated for years. Please use a current official or community edition listed on https://www.manjaro.org/get-manjaro/

so, what should i do for better gaming performance bro ?

Better than what?

All Manjaro editions perform similarly because they’re all built on the same package base (kernels, drivers, etc. etc. etc.).

If you want raw performance, install using Architect, don’t install a DE, and run only the specific game in its own X session (see e.g. nvidia-xrun).

If I were into gaming I would read: https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Gaming

Welcome @fel :slight_smile:

Manjaro gaming edition is an unmaitained unofficial spin not updated in more than a year and its configuration is likely not life-changing

Rufus have different writing modes if I recall, you should use ‘dd’ I guess

moving the topic to dedicated category

As side note, @jonathon @eugen-b #support-for-manjaro-editions should be renamed to support for Manjaro Official Editions ? It might be more clear for newcomers and less experienced users?

Let’s discuss it in a separate topic in #meta
Edit: I see it is already done. No problem!

what do u mean ? done ? and no problem ?
can u solve my problem so ?

I was referring to another post.

You problem can be solved by installing a regular Manjaro edition, even a current Manjaro community edition.
There have been topics on this forum recently where users tried to update MGAME and failed after >50 posts or so. No need to repeat this experience.

Use a current Official or Community edition.

@fel: we don’t support mgame edition and therefore we will ignore any support requests for it. Choose either our official editions or go for one of our community spins. All of them support steam optimized for Manjaro.

@fel

mgame is based on the official xfce edition.

the builder of the spin added the following packages

## AUR pkgs
kega-fusion
lutris
minecraft
minecraft-server
retroarch-autoconfig-udev-git
pamac build package

## Community pkgs
desmume
dolphin-emu
dosbox
farstream
fceux
guayadeque
minetest
minetest-common
minetest-server
mplayer
mumble
obs-studio
openshot
parole
playonlinux
qpdf
retroarch
retroarch-assets-xmb
screen
screenfetch
stella
v4l-utils
v86d
yabause-gtk
zsnes
sudo pacman -Syu pkg1 pkg2 pkg3 ....

so if you install the official xfce and then add the mentioned packages - you have a system configured as mgame did it.

that is except from some theming and folders for roms.

Use Rufus on Windows to write the ISO to USB.

When starting the write you are presented with a screen where you can select a default mode and a DD mode. You must select DD mode for a Manjaro ISO.

File 'mgame.db' not found
closed #13

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.