MESA drivers update error

I suppose you mean python which is at version 3.11.5-2

Of course not … some of those are not packages.

You also probably shouldnt be trying to use mesa-git and friends from the AUR while on Stable branch.
(the AUR is for Arch, these are core packages you are replacing, Unstable branch is closer to Arch)

1 Like

Yes, that too.

Python3 should also equate to the current point release; at least it does for me.

I missed that python was installed from Arch repo’s; unless it was edited after my post. I likely only saw mesa-git mentioned. Sometimes I could benefit from having new glasses; or access to the JWST.

OK, I dont come any further:

I now

Also selecting all the python AUR packages didnt work and just led to endless retry attemps of the software manager:

And I have reoccuring system hangs where I can’t use the system for about a minute wich is very annoying.

Thank you for your help and sorry for being a noob!

Just hope that I wont have to reinstall Manjaro as that could lead me to the same or another error and would take about another day on my PC!

rfnX

A general rule: Choose software from the main repo’s before even thinking about the AUR. Also, don’t forget to uninstall AUR software if it doesn’t work, before installing any other version. Cheers.

ok,nice to know!
But at least that doesnt help me anyway!

When I try to remove the AUR packages via commend line I get an error:

sudo pacman -remove glib2 libevdev libudev.so libunistring json-glib python python-evdev meson swig git check valgrind python-gobject py

Fehler: Alpm-Bibliothek konnte nicht initialisiert werden:
(root: emove, dbpath: emove/var/lib/pacman/)
Konnte Verzeichnis nicht finden oder lesen

and when try it over the software installer it’s the same, as I described before!

we’re turning in a circle :pensive:

Can you stop posting pictures already:

Moderator edit: In the future, please use proper formatting: [HowTo] Post command output and file content as formatted text

BTW:
Wat its installed seems to be not AUR!

its official repositories :pensive:

OK

sorry for that- i will reenter the command lines … done

Where did you get this command from? If you’re gonna be this sloppy then you can forget about using linux.

https://wiki.archlinux.org/title/pacman

Also, pamac and pacman are two different things. For former you have wiki too (on manjaro).

OK

seems I am to sloppy.
But I refuse to go back to windows although I got seveal certifiations on it.

So if nobody here can help me by sending the command with wich I can get rid of the issue I tried to explain as exact as I can I will have to search for another distro!
(Debian again, because my knowledge there is far better and Manjaro (Arch) was just a try …
Or I really have to spend much time buit then learn about Gentoo, due to my old harware)

Sorry for having missed a letter at pacman and paman and I’m really not bad with anybody for not having me helped with an issue that I produced myself with my own sloppyness, but I wasnt trying to find help because I can solve the issue myself!

Should be

sudo pacman --remove

# or
sudo pacman -R
1 Like

thank you very much!
And now i woul highly appreciate if anybody could let me know how to install python to get that mesa issue resolved I

The iatallation ovr the softwaremanager is still ending with the same error, here the logfle excerpt:

mesa/meson.build:869:31: ERROR: <PythonExternalProgram 'python3' -> ['/usr/local/bin/python3']> is not a valid python or it is missing distutils

Now, that would have saved a little time earlier.

Well you already installed it, but then removed it.

sudo pacman -S python

Why are you installing mesa-git in the first place?

If you just want hardware decoding, then this would be the one: https://nonfree.eu/

sudo pacman --remove

produces an error:

sudo pacman remove mesa-git                                                                                                     1 ✘ 
Fehler: Keine Operation angegeben (benutzen Sie -h für Hilfe)

and …

sudo pacman -R mesa-git 

prduces dependency issues with lots of Apps and packages:

sudo pacman -R mesa-git                                        1 ✘ 
Abhängigkeiten werden geprüft …
Fehler: Vorgang konnte nicht vorbereitet werden (Kann Abhängigkeiten nicht erfüllen)
:: Entfernen von mesa-git verletzt Abhängigkeit »mesa«, benötigt von cogl
:: Entfernen von mesa-git verletzt Abhängigkeit »mesa«, benötigt von gst-plugins-base-libs
:: Entfernen von mesa-git verletzt Abhängigkeit »mesa-git«, benötigt von lib32-mesa-git
:: Entfernen von mesa-git verletzt Abhängigkeit »mesa«, benötigt von libglvnd
:: Entfernen von mesa-git verletzt Abhängigkeit »opengl-driver«, benötigt von libglvnd
:: Entfernen von mesa-git verletzt Abhängigkeit »mesa«, benötigt von mhwd
:: Entfernen von mesa-git verletzt Abhängigkeit »mesa«, benötigt von qt5-base
:: Entfernen von mesa-git verletzt Abhängigkeit »mesa«, benötigt von qt6-base
:: Entfernen von mesa-git verletzt Abhängigkeit »mesa«, benötigt von webkit2gtk
:: Entfernen von mesa-git verletzt Abhängigkeit »mesa«, benötigt von webkit2gtk-4.1
:: Entfernen von mesa-git verletzt Abhängigkeit »mesa«, benötigt von webkitgtk-6.0
:: Entfernen von mesa-git verletzt Abhängigkeit »mesa«, benötigt von xf86-video-amdgpu
:: Entfernen von mesa-git verletzt Abhängigkeit »mesa«, benötigt von xf86-video-ati
:: Entfernen von mesa-git verletzt Abhängigkeit »mesa«, benötigt von xf86-video-intel
:: Entfernen von mesa-git verletzt Abhängigkeit »mesa«, benötigt von xf86-video-nouveau
:: Entfernen von mesa-git verletzt Abhängigkeit »mesa«, benötigt von xorg-xwayland
:: Entfernen von mesa-git verletzt Abhängigkeit »mesa«, benötigt von zoom

That’s wrong, as previously stated it should be pacman -R or pacman --remove.

Please post output in English.

LC_ALL=C sudo pacman ...

But no problem …

Dont wanna annoy you any longer!

Will use that time to to get to grips with installing Gentoo :wink: Thanks for trying to help me, have a nice time.

Thread can be closed

sorry for becomming XXXX

here th output of XXX in English:

for sudo pacman remove mesa-git
sudo pacman remove mesa-git Error: No operation specified (use -h for help)

for LC_ALL=C sudo pacman

LC_ALL=C sudo pacman                                                                                                          INT ✘ 
error: no operation specified (use -h for help)

Seems I am to stupid for Arch/manjaro

Let it be …

Thank you

Fair warning:

https://i.imgur.com/k39TZgu.png

no prob!

I am used to fight bad times!

I am German!