Disk space problems

Complete tech no-nothing here who has been using Manjaro for basic computing…happily.

Problem is, I am downloading to my home folder and suddenly I am shown a message that the download stopped because I ran out of memory. I had 96 Gig left according to a check i ran! I moved the folder to the desktop instead and the memory increased inside the home folder. So obviously the system has set a limit to the memory allocated to the home folder or the sub folder I was downloading to. How to change it so that there is no such restriction?

Thanks.

home in partition ?
please return outputs here

df
ls -ld ~/* | grep -E "^(l|d)"

with browser ? in directory ?

1 Like

What filesystem is mounted at that subdirectory? If it’s FAT32, then there’s a file size limit of 4 GiB.

1 Like

:+1: Welcome to Manjaro! :+1:

Please read this:

Also, please read this:

and press the three dots below your post and press the :pencil2: to give us more information so we can see what’s really going on.
Now we know the symptom of the disease, but we need some more probing to know where the origin lies… :grin:

Note: An inxi --admin --verbosity=7 --filter --no-host --width would be the minimum required information for us to be able to help you. (Personally Identifiable Information like serial numbers and MAC addresses will be filtered out by the above command)
Also, please copy-paste that output in-between 3 backticks ``` at the beginning and end of the code/text.

:+1:

P.S. If you want to notify me that you did provide this information, please :heart: this message and I’ll come back and have another look.

A post was split to a new topic: Disk Space edit