Materia Breath (Kvantum, GTK)

Hi, this is a mod of original work by PapirusDevelopmentTeam - MateriaLight for Kvantum, but with Manjaro-like color accent. I made it just for fun and personal use. Feel free to modify it as you like.

10 Likes

If you like fun, more fun, make dark theme :wink: :slight_smile:

MaterialDarkTeal

2 Likes

In order to create corresponding GTK theme clone materia-theme repo, cd there and run change_color.sh with the following options (fish):

For light theme:
./change_color.sh -o Materia-light-breath (echo -e "BG=EEEEEE\nFG=212121\nTXT_BG=FFFFFF\nTXT_FG=212121\nBTN_BG=E6E6E6\nBTN_FG=616161\nMENU_BG=E1E1E1\nMENU_FG=212121\nMATERIA_VIEW=FFFFFF\nMATERIA_SURFACE=E0E0E0\nHDR_BG=E0E0E0\nHDR_FG=212121\nSEL_BG=1ABC9C\nSEL_FG=FFFFFF\nACCENT_BG=1ABC9C\nMATERIA_STYLE_COMPACT=True\n" | psub)

Smth like this should be used if dark theme is preferred:
./change_color.sh -o Materia-dark-breath (echo -e "BG=303030\nFG=F9F8F7\nTXT_BG=282828\nTXT_FG=FAFAFA\nBTN_BG=424242\nBTN_FG=5E5E5E\nMENU_BG=383838\nMENU_FG=F9F8F7\nSEL_BG=1ABC9C\nSEL_FG=FFFFFF\nACCENT_BG=1ABC9C\nMATERIA_STYLE_COMPACT=True\n" | psub)

For Materia-Breath (dark header only):
./change_color.sh -o Materia-Breath (echo -e "BG=EEEEEE\nFG=212121\nTXT_BG=FFFFFF\nTXT_FG=212121\nBTN_ BG=E6E6E6\nBTN_FG=616161\nMENU_BG=E1E1E1\nMENU_FG=212121\nMATERIA_VIEW=FFFFFF\nMATERIA_SURFACE=FAFAFA\nHDR_ BG=383838\nHDR_FG=FFFFFF\nSEL_BG=1ABC9C\nSEL_FG=FFFFFF\nACCENT_BG=1ABC9C\nMATERIA_STYLE_COMPACT=True\n" | psub)

1 Like

100% AGREE!!!

1 Like

I’m afraid, I forgot the magic word. Sorry.

Please :slight_smile:

1 Like

With the word pretty and a shiny new cherry on top

1 Like

Don’t worry, maybe I will make it when I have more time. It’s just not that important to me (cuz I hate dark themes for being overwhelming - for some reason I always get lost in such environment). As I said, I only intended to make something for my personal use. It’s not that difficult to convert the original to Breath or Maia - just hunt down all blue colors in SVG file and substitute them with needed ones.

EDIT: so any thoughts guys? How do you like the theme, maybe some issues? What I’ve found myself is hints over systemd units in Systemsettings are too pale to read their text.

2 Likes

Still no time to tinker with a dark theme variant, but light one received a very good overhaul (IMHO). Now I like it even more than before, and it better reflects original Breath color pick.

2 Likes

Hey guys you asked for a dark theme, go get it! 3 more options are available.

4 Likes

woop woop dark theme is sick!! Thanks for doing it despite your personal distaste against dark themes. Really appreciate it.

0 Likes

Enjoy. But actually my input isn't that big. Most work is done upstream. I just a child with a teal pencil :smile:

0 Likes