Make xcompmgr as default compositor

I want to make xcompmgr as default compositor. I have blank screen problem while screen sharing in Zoom.

Hi @raman,

Please see:

https://wiki.archlinux.org/title/Xcompmgr

@Mirdarthos What should i do? Please see my terminal outputs.

I noticed xdpyinfo isn’t installed, which shouldn’t be a problem, at least I don’t think it should. But I’m not :100: on that, so let’s install it. It’s in the extra repository:

$ pamac search xdpyinfo
xorg-xdpyinfo  1.3.4-1 [Installed]                                                                                                                                                                                                                      extra
Display information utility for X

…and can be installed using:

pamac install xorg-xdpyinfo

…and them check and follow the install guide:

https://wiki.archlinux.org/title/Xcompmgr#Installation

…again.

Edit:

I suspect you’ll have to do this part:

If there is no output, add the Composite option to the Extensions section of xorg.conf:

/etc/X11/xorg.conf

Section "Extensions"
        Option  "Composite" "true"
EndSection

…although I could be wrong.

No, :laughing: see this ZOOM blank screen issue.

   ~  pamac search xdpyinfo                                            ✔ 
xorg-xdpyinfo  1.3.4-1                                                     extra
    Display information utility for X
    ~  pamac install xorg-xdpyinfo                                      ✔ 
Preparing...
==== AUTHENTICATING FOR org.manjaro.pamac.commit ====
Authentication is required to install, update, or remove packages
Authenticating as: raman
Password: 
==== AUTHENTICATION COMPLETE ====
Synchronizing package databases...
Warning: pop-gtk-theme: local (5.5.1+12+7ba5da8-1) is newer than extra (5.5.1.r6.190b5cce-1)
Resolving dependencies...
Checking inter-conflicts...

To install (1):
  xorg-xdpyinfo  1.3.4-1    extra  16.5 kB

Total download size: 16.5 kB
Total installed size: 34.0 kB

Apply transaction ? [y/N] y
Download of xorg-xdpyinfo (1.3.4-1) started                                     
Download of xorg-xdpyinfo (1.3.4-1) finished                                    
Checking keyring...                                                        [1/1]
Checking integrity...                                                      [1/1]
Loading packages files...                                                  [1/1]
Checking file conflicts...                                                 [1/1]
Checking available disk space...                                           [1/1]
Installing xorg-xdpyinfo (1.3.4-1)...                                      [1/1]
A restart is required for the changes to take effect.
Transaction successfully finished.
    ~  xdpyinfo | grep Composite                                ✔  18s  
    Composite
    ~  xcompmgr -c -l0 -t0 -r0 -o.00                                    ✔ 
Another composite manager is already running (0x400006)
    ~                                                                                                                                                                                                    1 ✘ 

Please stop posting images of text when you can just post formatted text.

:bangbang: Tip: :bangbang:

In the future, when posting terminal output, copy the output and paste it here, wrapped in three (3) backticks, before AND after the pasted text. Like this:

```
pasted text
```

Or three (3) tilde signs, like this:

~~~
pasted text
~~~

This will just cause it to be rendered like this:

Sed
sollicitudin dolor
eget nisl elit id
condimentum
arcu erat varius
cursus sem quis eros.

Instead of like this:

Sed sollicitudin dolor eget nisl elit id condimentum arcu erat varius cursus sem quis eros.

Alternatively, paste the text you wish to format as terminal output, select all pasted text, and click the </> button on the taskbar. This will indent the whole pasted section with one TAB, causing it to render the same way as described above.

Thereby increasing legibility thus making it easier for those trying to provide assistance.

For more information, please see:

:bangbang::bangbang: Additionally

If your language isn’t English, please prepend any and all terminal commands with LC_ALL=C. For example:

LC_ALL=C bluetoothctl

This will just cause the terminal output to be in English, making it easier to understand and debug.

Edit:

If this doesn’t work, I have no idea what to do further. Sorry.

Edit #2:

And remember to reboot afterwards!

This topic was automatically closed 3 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.