[MATE desktop] Telegram tray icon not opening application on click

Hi everybody!

As the title says, I'm missing this feature of the app. Using MATE 1.22.1, Telegram 1.8.2.
I have a similar configuration in another system with Linux Mint 19.2 (MATE 1.22.0, Telegram 1.2.17) and it works perfectly.
Also, the icon is not showing at full resolution - it's not an issue for me, but may be related to the click issue.

Any ideas or hints on what to check?

Thanks!

Hey! :slight_smile:

I had similar experience on Deepin, but for some reason (either update of Telegram or most likely DE itself it got resolved and never came back).

Pure speculation:
Since Mate as far as i understood was also initially based on Gnome (as recently Deepin had been), probably you should ask Mate devs directly about it , seems like some old Gnome bug on their side. :thinking:

But maybe maintainers of Mate edition here would have some other idea :slight_smile:

P.S. Also try going to Telegram Advanced settings and toggle Show tray icon off-on - sometimes it actually worked even when this bug was around...

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Forum kindly sponsored by