ManjaroWish:lxqt-kwin Edition

lxqt
kwin

i know this stage almost everyone goes through this when using linux.
but its the most fun part about linux.
if things dont brake then it will make your life boring.

turn off compositor
or use xrender as compositor backend.

You’re right. We all learn from mistakes. Now, you need to hold your horses back or I can’t have time to download all your iso.

see when i think this is last time i will update it
i always find something to change.
see i have changed the iso at least 10 times.
with everytime i made some improvement/regression.

You can plan ahead maybe after 10 or 20 changes only you update new iso. I’m trying to install network-manager-applet again now.

Just those few cosmetics change and you said it’s an update?

One more thing is that it could be your problem or it could be my bad eyes, the filenames for both minimal dark & light edition could be switched.

okay seems like i should stop updating iso unless i add some major changes.or i need to learn programming, packaging ,git ,creating online repositories.

But you have cluttered the last iso so much it lags my laptop, like I said they’re just cosmetics adjustments you don’t have to upload a new iso for that

so tell me what should i remove from iso
ican get iso size to 1.4~1.5 gb to be at minimum.
less than that you can use manjaro architect.

Wrong

What I meant by clutter was you placed so many app icons and panels and complicated wallpaper. Did you changed the resolution?

so you mean the livewallpaper.yeah it uses.more graphics and ram.i should remove it.it was bad experiment.
and about panel this is what i use.you can delete the lower panel.
resolution is not something that i can change.
the reason to use kwin as window manager is for its desktop effects.
and for lightweight you have lxqt+openbox edition.

Desktop effects yes, not to fill it with lots of stuff. Yeah, but if you use a high end graphical software on a low end desktop environment why not just go ahead with high end all the way.

rebuild iso[18.0.3-stable] with some changes
kwin settings added
sddm settings added
qownnotes added — from herecura repo
fingerprint-gui added — from arcanisrepo
user-repos added — chaotic-aur

download------->>
https://sourceforge.net/projects/manjarowish/files/manjarowish-lxqt-kwin-dark/18.0.3/

updated gaming edition [18.0.3-stable]

Tools
vkd3d
qt5-gamepad
linuxconsole
wine-mono
wine_gecko
winetricks
playonlinux
lutris 
steam-native
gamemode
emulators
dosbox
dolphin-emu
gens-gs
higan
mame
qmc2
desmume
stella
zsnes
yabause-qt
mgba-qt
vbam-wx
scummvm
scummvm-tools
pcsx2
ppsspp-qt
libretro
Games
minetest-server
minetest
aisleriot
knights
gnuchess 
kmahjongg
supertuxkart
supertux
xonotic
megaglest
teeworlds
manaplus

changes
added from chaotic-aur repo
wine-tkg-staging-esync-faudio-git ---->>https://github.com/Tk-Glitch/PKGBUILDS/tree/master/wine-tkg-git
wineasio
vk9-git
lib32-vk9-git
faudio-git
lib32-faudio-git
dxvk-win64-git
dxvk-win32-git
ttf-ms-fonts
rpcs3-git —>> playstation 3 emulator
protontricks-git
proton-git
pcsxr
minecraft-launcher
godot
epsxe
epsxe-plugin-spu-alsa
vbam-git

download------>> https://sourceforge.net/projects/manjarowish/files/manjarowish-lxqt-kwin-gaming/gaming-18.0.3/

You abandoned the Light version :frowning:

see i have even not given minimal version im still thinking weather i should build all iso’s
as there are 5 different iso of which 2 are just duplicate with theme changes so what should i do??:thinking:
im thinking of making minimal as absolute minimal
like removing printing support all extra utilities like kdeconnect timeshift kdepartition manager samba etc that i added.
system tools,no office suite ??
or do i keep it as is:relaxed:
and another two
1)full version
2)gaming
3)minimal
all with dark theme
may be if i get time i will just update light one

Just provide basic softwares for minimal, you could put in printing but just 1 basic printing function that’s it, you could also put in all other softwares but try and look for those which has less functions or less in size. Devs in Manjaro Team did this for the 18.03 update, they switched Mxxxuro (cant remember name) browser for Firefox in one of the recent release a few days ago and few other softwares which has no full functionality just basics. What I would do if I were you, create just 2 iso (gaming & regular) and then start making, dismantling, assembling software packs or themes or icons whatever is it that you are doing just not creating so many iso as it is really hard to track if there is an issue. Or even just 1 iso but different packages of software separated by Gaming, Softwares, Drivers, needed libraries and also themes. I think and I hope that will safe alot of your time.
Anyway my hdd was reported broken while installign latest XFCE, did a basic research and according to what I found is that the current kernel 4.2x, I have been doing e2fsck for the whole day…

For the minimal I’d put:

• printing;
  • browser;
  • settings;
  • terminal emulator;
  • text editor (I mean a simple one);
  • calculator (this is debatable, of course);
  • partition manager;
  • file manager;
  • archiver;
  • pdf reader;
  • media player;
  • image viewer;
  • screen capture.

That’s a pretty usable system with a small amount of essential software IMO. As for the theme, you can include both and choose your preference as default as long as it is easy to change between dark/light.

I haven’t tried this yet, but I like the idea of having LXQT together with KWin.