Manjaro's boot-loader in wrong place, dual-boot with Win10x64 GPT

Hello! I need your help.

The Manjaro’s boot-loader starts when I select Linux Manjaro in default BIOS’es boot menu (I have to press F11 when PC is starting). But if I press nothing it starts Windows 10 and don’t “ask” me for OS to be started.

Details:

I have two drives: HDD and SSD. On my HDD I have installed Windows 10 and after it on empty SSD Linux Manjaro.

While I was installing Linux Manjaro, I selected Windows’es FAT32 100 MB partition and gave it /boot/efi mounting point and bios-grub flag, boot was already set.

(I followed Install Manjaro Linux 18.0 alongside Windows 10 as a dual-boot in VMware - YouTube steps)

What did I missed?
What I have to do to fix it?
Can you help me please?

Hello @RamoFX :wink:

1. Open /etc/default/grub and check if this “GRUB_DISABLE_OS_PROBER=false” is set to false. If not there or true. Change it. Then run sudo update-grub, Windows should be displayed at the output.
  2. Change at your UEFI the bootorder and set Manjaro first. So that the UEFI Bootloader loads Linux and therefore grub bootloader first.
2 Likes

Very simple and working. Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.