Manjaro32 Conversion Issues

aur
update
i686

…Have made the transition as described but had to remove tlp for pacman -Suu to work & then add tlp after the update. Having issues with some AUR packages not being retrieved:
ckbcomp is a dependency for manjaro-settings-manager
faenza-green-icon-theme has multiple dependecies
firefox-beta-bin update/install reports no i686 version when it seems to be listed in the firefox index page https://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/firefox/releases/58.0b4/
note: firefox-developer 58.0b4 downloads & installs from AUR & other AUR updates seem to work.

Thanks for you consideration & replies in advance.

Ok, I’m adding the reference to the conversion method you used

Themes are lowest priority IMHO, but “ckbcomp is a dependency for manjaro-settings-manager” is higher priority.

If firefox-beta-bin in AUR doesn’t have a i686 version it is not a manjaro32 issue, but an issue with the AUR package maintainer. Good to know there is an alternative - firefox-developer.

I had to remove tlp, too. This is because of version number issues, archlinux32 will catch up eventually.

All of these packages mentioned are originating in the AUR repository. Seems curious for manjaro-settings-manager to pull a dependency from here unless this is an error.
…firefox-beta-bin had one until b3 went to b4. Abandoned in mid beta?

It is because manjaro32 doesn’t have all necessary packages in the repo, yet.

Packages that I couldn’t build (whether due to an out-of-date PKGBUILD, incorrect checksums, or failing patches) will be missing from the repo; if it’s missing from the repo but present in the AUR it will be reported by AUR helpers as originating there.

Things will improve as the packages sources are fixed and updated. If people can spot and report “issue” packages all the better.

Look here: https://aur.archlinux.org/cgit/aur.git/log/?h=firefox-beta-bin

sad! Is the AUR gonna be the Achilles heel of this project then?

I don’t know what you’re asking. The AUR is the AUR and has always been.

Dropping i686 package support is what I’m referring to

The AUR isn’t part of Manjaro, so if packages there say they don’t support i686 (for whatever reason) that’s up to the package maintainer. Now, it’s possible we could edit the PKGBUILD and manually add i686 to the package list, then add that to a repo, but that’s not going to be sustainable. Either way it won’t affect Manjaro (or manjaro32) itself.

Only sustainable for as long as Mozilla supports i686 in this case & they do provide the package for i686 currently.

Also got this issue with firefox-nightly:

==> Verifying source file signatures with gpg…
20171116-firefox-59.0a1.en-US.linux-i686.tar.bz2 … FAILED (unknown public key BBBEBDBB24C6F355)
==> ERROR: One or more PGP signatures could not be verified!

You need to add the key if you trust it and want to use it
gpg --recv-keys BBBEBDBB24C6F355
oops
gpg --recv-key 0x61B7B526D98F0353

Now this after that:

20171116-firefox-59.0a1.en-US.linux-i686.tar.bz2 … FAILED (bad signature from public key BBBEBDBB24C6F355)

That looks like an AUR package, so it really has nothing to do with Manjaro32.

But if you read the AUR page, you might find help (your issue is addressed in the pinned comment): https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/firefox-nightly/

Short answer didn’t work:

[dad@dad3000 ~]$ gpg --recv-key 0x61B7B526D98F0353
key 61B7B526D98F0353:
24 signatures not checked due to missing keys
gpg: key 61B7B526D98F0353: “Mozilla Software Releases release@mozilla.com” not changed
gpg: Total number processed: 1
gpg: unchanged: 1
[dad@dad3000 ~]$

==> Validating source files with sha512sums…
firefox-nightly.desktop … Passed
vendor.js … Passed
==> Validating source_i686 files with sha512sums…
20171116-firefox-59.0a1.en-US.linux-i686.tar.bz2 … Skipped
20171116-firefox-59.0a1.en-US.linux-i686.tar.bz2.asc … Skipped
20171116-firefox-59.0a1.en-US.linux-i686.txt … Skipped
20171116-firefox-59.0a1.en-US.linux-i686.tar.bz2 … FAILED (bad signature from public key BBBEBDBB24C6F355)

Running through this protocol (especially the last one) seems to have helped.

sudo pacman -Sy archlinux-keyring manjaro-keyring
sudo pacman-key --populate archlinux manjaro
sudo pacman-key --refresh-keys

Looks like there are still key issues:

Error: pepper-flash: signature from “Evangelos Foutras evangelos@foutrelis.com” is invalid

Failed to commit transaction:
invalid or corrupted package (PGP signature):

So your issues with converting to Manjaro32 are actually AUR issues, because AUR is also facing out i686 support.

Is that’s the case, it is up to you to edit the PKGBUILD and add back the i686 in arch().

Regarding the gpg keys.
That’s a general AUR problem. Even x86_64 users will have those problems.

This is the only relevant issue, thank you for reporting.