Manjaro xfce with nvidia and intel gpu stability and brightness question

nvidia

This is the specific output about the vga i get for running the lspci

01:00.0 VGA compatible controller: NVIDIA Corporation GP107GLM [Quadro P1000 Mobile] (rev a1) (prog-if 00 [VGA controller])
	Subsystem: Hewlett-Packard Company P1000 [Zbook Studio G5 mobile workstation]
	Flags: bus master, fast devsel, latency 0, IRQ 149
	Memory at e8000000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=16M]
	Memory at a0000000 (64-bit, prefetchable) [size=256M]
	Memory at b0000000 (64-bit, prefetchable) [size=32M]
	I/O ports at 4000 [size=128]
	Expansion ROM at e9000000 [disabled] [size=512K]
	Capabilities: <access denied>
	Kernel driver in use: nouveau

Kernel in use = 4.19.16-1

I have this laptop for several months now and i attempted to install manjaro also in the past but there were problems with not even booting in some cases. That is why i dropped the matter at that time and used vms.

I am attempting again to install especially since i saw this. The installation succeeded and did boot with Nouveau graphics. I am not sure why since i changed nothing.

touchpad and backlit keyboard also working fine without doing anything new.

my problem is i have not control over the brightness of the screen.
I checked some other solutions posted around here like this one but could not find something that works. Any tip and help on how I should continue ??

Should i attempt to install the proprietary drivers from nvidia? if yes, which version?
Should i use Bumblebee?

Please keep in mind i am very newbie in these matters. My only care is to make this work using preferably both gpus, for better battery life. If i have to pick to use 1 of the gpus, i would ilke the intel graphics since battery is more important for the work I will be doing

closed #2

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.