Manjaro XFCE 19.0-rc1 released

I am proud to announce our release candidate build of the upcoming Manjaro-XFCE 19.0 Kyria release. This build is based on stable branch .

The Xfce edition remains our flagship offering and has received the attention it deserves. Few can claim to offer such a polished, integrated and leading-edge Xfce experience. We ship Xfce 4.14 with this release of Manjaro.

We mainly focused on polishing the user experience on the desktop and window manager, and on updating some components to take advantage of newly available technologies such as optimization of our theme we call Matcha. The new feature Display-Profiles allows you to store one or more profiles for a particular display configuration that you may be using. To make the deal a little sweeter we implemented auto-applying of profiles when new displays are connected.

Higlight features

New features in xfce edition:

• Polishing of Matcha themes (incl. dark theme)
  • Whiskermenu can now be more customized
  • Additional wallpapers to match theme changes
  • Fixing bugs and featuring improved translations
  • More features added to Pamac

We hope you enjoy it and please leave feedback. :grinning:

6 Likes

Interesting. I was hit with the release 19.0.0 not an RC this morning? Guess I am lucky :joy:

It seems you're not the only one. Even I got updated to Manjaro Kyria 19.0.0. I was on Manjaro 18.1.5 Xfce & with 'sudo pacman -Syyu' I got updated to Manjaro 19.0.0. Not that I'm complaining, but I was actually looking for new code update (1.42).

Forum kindly sponsored by