It took us a while to complete our development cycle for Manjaro Fringilla. Finally it is done. Happy Halloween.
The Xfce edition remains our flagship offering and has received the attention it deserves. Few can claim to offer such a polished, integrated and leading-edge Xfce experience. We ship Xfce 4.12 with this release of Manjaro. We mainly focused on polishing the user experience on the desktop and window manager, and on updating some components to take advantage of newly available technologies such as switching to a new Vertex-Maia theme, we already using known as Maia for our KDE edition.
Kernel 4.4 is used for this release, such as the latest drivers available to date. Relative to the last installation media release, our tools have been improved and polished.
The Manjaro Settings Manager (MSM) now provides an easy-to-use graphical interface for installing and removing the many series of kernels we offer. Manjaro’s selection of readily available kernels remains the most extensive of all Linux distribution we know of. At the time of this release, nine kernel-series are available directly from our binary repositories, ranging from the mature & rock-solid 3.10 series to the latest 4.9 release. Additionally we offer two realtime kernel series. Such a wide array of available kernel options results in extensive hardware support, getting the most out of your system for you, be it old or new.
With Pamac 4.1 we have switched to CSD design. Guillaume was working for some time on this new design for pamac. Followed features you can expect:
- https mirror support
- column sortable in updater
- sort search result by relevance in manager
- add clean cache tab in preferences
- systemd timer unit to clean cache monthly
- systemd timer unit to generate mirrorlist monthly
- if the db lock file is present, it waits if pacman is running, else it removes the lock file
So let us know what you think of Fringilla. We hope you enjoy this release.
Philip Müller and the Manjaro Development Team
Did you experience any issue with this install media?
- No issues, everything went smoothly
- Yes there was an issue. I was able to resolve it myself. (Please post your solution)
- Yes I am currently experiencing an issue with this install media. (Please post about it)