Manjaro wont boot

copy paste? i cant get into the laptop so thats impossible. sorry if that sounds rude maybe im misunderstanding you

ok here we go:

1. boot with a manjaro install device
  2. open a terminal
  3. type manjaro-chroot -a
  4. then type the commands above
  5. open a browser… the rest should be obvious, but…
  6. go to https://forum.manjaro.org/ and login
  7. copy&paste the command to the terminal:
  1. copy&paste the output here as code.

:slight_smile:

And i am sorry, i forgot that “it wont boot”, thought you were in a live session.

ohh i see. Im using using a different laptop right now. Also excuse my ignorance but the rest isnt obvious.

1 Like

updated the poste above :arrow_up:

ok cool

BTW … there is also guide …

1 Like

tried all of the things in that article

So you cant access your system by runlevel 3, or even by chroot ?

just noticed theres a / at the end of the command line starting with “linux” on my end, but not in the tutorial. Does that make a difference?

What are you referring to ?
I dont see any command in that post that ends in a slash.

… do you mean your boot options?
The things on the CMD lines of /etc/default/grub ?
Cuz if thats true … yeah … you probably dont want a random slash there … I dont really know what that would do.

in your tutorial it looks like this : linux /boot/vmlinuz-4.11-x86_64 root=UUID=0a01099a-1e33-489a-a2de-10104e8492f5 rw quiet

in mine it looks like this: linux /boot/vmlinuz-4.11-x86_64 root=UUID=0a01099a-1e33-489a-a2de-10104e8492f5 rw quiet /

I dont think that should be there … but it wont hurt anything to try temporarily just booting by replacing quiet with the 3 … and if necessary again but also deleting the slash.

so i followed those steps and it took me to tty, but it wont let me type anything. Should i just reboot and try again?

No typing?
Thats not good :frowning:

I would say try again, maybe find a usb keyboard …

Or … use the manjaro-chroot method if all else fails.

sounds good i will try that. Thanks for all your help btw

ok ive gotton into tty, (keyboard works) and i tried <sudo pacman-mirrors -f3> and
<sudo pacman -Syyu> but i get a bunch of error messages, and then “error: failed to synchronize all databases” is that because its not connected to wifi?

runlevel 3 keeps networking on … so if you have saved wifi profile it should be connected
( you can test with something like ping 8.8.8.8 [and exit with ctrl+c] )

it says “ping: connect: Network is unreachable” after ping 8.8.8.8

OK … that means no network.
You could go through the manual wifi connection attempts … or find an ethernet chord…
Or moveo n to the USB+chroot I suppose.

ok im using the chroot method in a live usb, its saying “operation to slow. less then one bytes/sec transfered in the last 10 seconds7” does that mean my wifi is to slow to preform an update?